cold shot

Want to go over the dark side - Apple macbook pro

I've been looking at the auctions on ebay for a Macbook Pro and I can't believe how the macbook pro's made in mid-2012 still retain their value. Based on that, I can get a mid-2012 macbook pro, i5 processor, 4G memory, 500G HD for around $550 on ebay. I have always been curious about macs due to the audio and recording software and tons of others, but just all around stability.

My question, is there anywhere else other than ebay to look at a decent used macbook pro ? There are a lot of companies that sell off-lease macs on ebay and not sure about them. I am willing to to go to around $600-650.

Another place to look for used Mac's is Apple's refurbished site.  All of them will come with a full factory warranty, just as if they were new, and you can also get Apple Care for them (highly recommended for all Apple products).  You won't find any massive bargains but you will find like-new Mac's at a discount.

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

I got a MacBook Pro when they first went Intel in 2007.  I was on my last year of Architecture school and the machines in class were just crap.  It saved my bacon.  I did not live on campus so I was able to take my work home with me.  Ever since then my home has been nothing but Mac.  Once you go Mac, you don't go back lol.

Now, 8 years later, my wife went back to school and is using the same MacBook Pro!  Runs like a champ but it does need a new battery. 

You can buy a new one on apple credit card with 18 month 0% credit. Sell it after 3-4 years. This will be about the same money wise as getting an old one and throwing it away when it breaks. Macs break just like any other laptop. And don't ever put it near to any liquid.

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro, I just upgraded the RAM to 16GB and put in a bigger solid state hard drive. It's like a new computer with those upgrades. I love it and never had a problem with it.

I know Other World Computing sells used macs, not sure how competitive their pricing is though. http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/Apple_Systems/Used/Macs_and_Tablets