Recon Racoon

G-code holsters, good to go or no?

Looking at picking up a G-code holster for my XD9. The price is right, I like the retention system they have and they're making their holsters for lefties (which is a must for me). Does anyone have a G-code holster and want to give me their opinion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have very little experience with G-code (I have one holster that sees limited use) but the little I have is positive.

More importantly, guys in the industry that I know and trust to know what's good use them often and have nothing but positive remarks about them.

Buy with confidence.

Excellent, because the only concern I have with the holster is the spring retention system in the thumb release.

I just wanted to make sure this thing wouldn't fall apart on me if I ever needed to rely on it like my life depended on it.

So after almost 2 months of waiting, I got my holster!

I ordered the left hand SA-XD 9 model and got exactly what I wanted. Ordered the standard paddle for it for an extra 10 dollars.

I haven't had much time to play with it, but this thing is immeasurably better than the stock piece of plastic that comes with the gun. I love the retention strap, and adjustable level of retention on the holster it's self. It stays close to the hip and doesn't sag or move like the stock holster did. It honestly feels like there's no weight on my side.

I'm suitably impressed by this holster. And by G-code's communication during the build process. If I get another pistol, I would not hesitate to order another holster from them.

9fc69bf1f7c8331cbf3c186d598b3473.jpg148c189f46c27da25023408b32123a32.jpg

I have one and I like it just fine but it seems that I get suckered in to buying another plastic holster every few years like it's the best thing since sliced bread. Fobus, Kydex, Eclipse...but within a few weeks, I always eventually end up back with the old-school leather. Never fails.

Home carry. If I get into comps, I'd probably use it for that too.

G code is more defensive and concealment...for IDPA it would work to....some of the other comp rigs are very different...I would recommend others pm me if you want more info