Shawnmoore81

Trijicon Mro

I've got two on shop guns. One is on the 9mm MG and the other on a .458 SOCOM SBR. Haven't broken either (yet). Both are in low mounts and I'm really liking them for this application. I generally dislike these "micro" sized optics and opt for the larger FOV of the full size PRO/ACO. But I'm really digging the T1s and MROs on shotguns and subguns.

It is an unmagnified optic. There should be no field of view issues regardless of the tube size - simply open both eyes when using a RDS

If you mean a smaller window in which to locate the dot if you get an imperfect cheek weld, then yes - the T1 is not as forgiving as an M4 or PRO. But that is different than field of view.

You can see just as much of the world in front of you whether you are using a T1, an M4, an EOTurd, an SRS or an RMR or iron sights.

It is an unmagnified optic. There should be no field of view issues regardless of the tube size - simply open both eyes when using a RDS

If you mean a smaller window in which to locate the dot if you get an imperfect cheek weld, then yes - the T1 is not as forgiving as an M4 or PRO. But that is different than field of view.

You can see just as much of the world in front of you whether you are using a T1, an M4, an EOTurd, an SRS or an RMR or iron sights.

Yes, this is what I meant when incorrectly using the term.

Technically the MRO is slightly magnified. Mine came in yesterday and while easily to overcome.. the images in both eyes is a bit different. I thought it actually helped a little. I will say my eoturd is easier to acquire targets with, im gonna miss that nice big window. Gotta start using this and getting used to it.

Technically the MRO is slightly magnified. Mine came in yesterday and while easily to overcome the images in boths eyes is a bit different. I thought it actually helped a little. I will say my eoturd is easier to acquire targets with, im gonna miss that nice big window. Gotta start using this and getting used to it.

That's one of a few mixed reviews I've heard in the mro. Can't wait to try one in person.

That's one of a few mixed reviews I've heard in the mro. Can't wait to try one in person.

I was sold on it when I watched a guy beat one to hell and it still worked. we shall see how it does in the long run but its looking like a very promising optic with a great company to support it.

I was sold on it when I watched a guy beat one to hell and it still worked. we shall see how it does in the long run but its looking like a very promising optic with a great company to support it.

The price is what makes it. If it was the same price as the aimpoint it would be a harder sell with the slight fisheye and not true 1x. But for $100+ less it's harder to argue against it

I've never noticed on my other optics, but under my aquarium lighting if i catch the light just right it does glare, but its my understanding they all do to some extent.

This is a somewhat unrealistic and odd position but it would show the extreme circumstance and what you would see. Odds are the sun would have to be peering right past your right ear from behind to notice anything.

MRO_glare.jpg

Anyone have any additional experience with these?  I wanted to put one on a pistol length SBR but thought some further hands on reviews would be helpful before dumping 500 bucks.  

i finally got to look through one yesterday in a darkish room.  99% of the shooting I have done has been through an aimpoint T1.   I have to say I couldn't really notice the magnification easily at indoor distances in a dark-ish room.  I definitely did notice the blue tint but not sure if that would bother me in a real world application.   The "larger" field of view is interesting, because the T1 isn't lacking, but this does seem better for some reason.  its a pretty nice sight from what i can tell