weekend_junkie

Anyone a pilot with a CCW?

This got me curious how pilots are treated in NJ. At the least, it would be an interesting way to approach justifiable need.

United Airlines pilot flushed live ammunition down plane's toilet

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/10/travel/united-pilot-ammunition/index.html

Yes you absolutely can. Same rules as FOPA. As long as you can possess it where you start and end.

HOWEVER...

If you were to do an emergency landing in say Maryland, there could definitely be an issue. While your plane is not inspected when you have an emergency landing, you are required to fill out some FAA forms in curtain circumstances.

Also...

If you are general aviation, most of the time you are in a plane that will require refueling every few hundred miles. So, when planning a flight you better make sure every state is legal to carry in as well.

What if you are a private pilot?  I wonder.  Like if I was to fly to NC?  Since, I have a Florida Non-Res CCW, could I take a pistol out of my luggage and put it on my hip once I am in VA airspace?  

Yes you absolutely can. Same rules as FOPA. As long as you can possess it where you start and end.

HOWEVER...

If you were to do an emergency landing in say Maryland, there could definitely be an issue. While your plane is not inspected when you have an emergency landing, you are required to fill out some FAA forms in curtain circumstances.

Or, *especially*  NYC (LGA or JFK).

Very, very true... I wouldn't venture up to those parts carrying. Period.

But going down south, other then Maryland and South Carolina you are pretty safe.

AND...

Maryland is so thin width wise. At 8,000 - 10,000 ft with a 4 seater Cessna you can glide a good 12 - 15 miles so you could always stay by Delaware and Virginia...

Or, *especially*  NYC (LGA or JFK).

If you can afford your own plane and the landing fees at these airports, you can afford a NYC CCW.

I'm referring specifically to people who think they're flying into some other "2A friendly" airport, and are "diverted" to a NYC airport for whatever reason and have to deplane and "take the next one."  They're screwed, because they can't re-declare the firearm upon next day's check in. They'd be arrested by the Port Authority Police.  In PA airports, not a problem.

I'm referring specifically to people who think they're flying into some other "2A friendly" airport, and are "diverted" to a NYC airport for whatever reason and have to deplane and "take the next one." They're screwed, because they can't re-declare the firearm upon next day's check in. They'd be arrested by the Port Authority Police. In PA airports, not a problem.

If they are the pilot of a GA aircraft, with the exception of flying in or out of DCA, nobody is screening their bag. They aren't declaring anything.

If they are flying an airliner, they're not carrying a firearm unless they're qualified under the program in which case they have certain procedures to follow.

What if you are a private pilot?  I wonder.  Like if I was to fly to NC?  Since, I have a Florida Non-Res CCW, could I take a pistol out of my luggage and put it on my hip once I am in VA airspace?  

This gets debated a lot on the pilot boards, and the discussions always read like the transport discussions here.   Basically, yeah, it's generally legal, but antigun states will still do their best to make an example out of you if they get the opportunity.

Kennedy is only $100 landing fee, not sure about LGA.

I think the landing fees for a light plane at JFK, EWR, and LGA are just $25 each after 10 pm; always thought it would be fun to fly the circuit and do a touch-and-go at each one.

Of course if you want to taxi in to the ramp, park, disembark or take on a passenger or fuel...it gets crazy expensive.

That definitely would be fun. Monmouth (BLM) is $12. What a joke.

I'm gonna hit up EWR after 10 just for fun. I wonder if Approach would allow flight following for a quick touch and go... haha

Pretty sure EWR has a takeoff fee too.

I think the landing fees for a light plane at JFK, EWR, and LGA are just $25 each after 10 pm; always thought it would be fun to fly the circuit and do a touch-and-go at each one.

Of course if you want to taxi in to the ramp, park, disembark or take on a passenger or fuel...it gets crazy expensive.

Kennedy is only $100 landing fee, not sure about LGA.

That's cheap, it's been a while since i've landed there. Last time I landed at Teterboro, I took 70 gallons of jet A and still got wacked with a $300 landing/service fee. Just glad i'm not the one paying for it.

While their landing fee isn't too bad, their 100LL prices are ridiculous. I just checked, they are getting $7.36 a gallon. About $3 over priced. It's to keep GA moving along...

That's cheap, it's been a while since i've landed there. Last time I landed at Teterboro, I took 70 gallons of jet A and still got wacked with a $300 landing/service fee. Just glad i'm not the one paying for it.

First off, it's good to know there are other pilots buzzing around here.

Secondly, Central Jersey has been $4.50/gal for 100LL. It runs out from time to time.

So, I have my Private cert. If I could get the FAA to effectively sponsor my CCW in the name of national security, that would be a very mother freedom-loving cool day.

Secondly, Central Jersey has been $4.50/gal for 100LL. It runs out from time to time.

So, I have my Private cert. If I could get the FAA to effectively sponsor my CCW in the name of national security, that would be a very mother freedom-loving cool day.

Holy shit, I didn't know that Central Jersey's 100LL is that cheap, going to be stopping by there from now on lol

I agree. There are a ton of pro gun pilots on different aviation forums.

That sounds like bulk price, that's a great price!