Sign in to follow this  
njpilot

Looks Like SC May Go Constitutional Carry

Kansas and maybe Maine too. At least SC will be opened up for non-resident CCW holders.

http://patriotoutdoornews.com/15917/south-carolina-permitless-carry-passes-house-90-18

Here is the original article from Ammoland, dated 05/05/2015.   Yeah, it probably died right after the Charleston Church shooting.

Curious why you don't like the term.

Because I am not sure what it is supposed to mean. Does it mean there is a specific law or constitutional section allowing carry? Or does it mean there are no laws regarding carry?

It's like "Pennsylvania is an Open Carry State." That doesn't really mean anything. It's not addressed in the law.

New Jersey does not have RKBA in their Constitution. If NJ revoked all gun laws tomorrow (LOL) would they be Constitutional Carry? It sounds like the Constitution should clarify you can carry. Haven't seen many state constitutional amendments since we went from 7 shall issue in the 70s to 44 with three mixed by county in 2015.

my uncle lives in south carolina.  i think the reason it died is because they are no longer in session.  but i believe the bills are active for 2 sessions in south carolina so who knows if it will pick up

It's OK. Check the 1A section of the forum, Shawn determined that a bill will make PA Citizens have to get a license to own and buy guns LOL.

Here's the sad thing. Go check the SC gun forum. They actually don't seem to want this.

It's OK. Check the 1A section of the forum, Shawn determined that a bill will make PA Citizens have to get a license to own and buy guns LOL.

Here's the sad thing. Go check the SC gun forum. They actually don't seem to want this.

I've met a lot of "pro gun" people from South Carolina. None seem to care too much about guns. And they treat everything they have there as if it seems so normal that if you told them something like NJ or NY laws they would call you a liar. I can see why people get caught all the time carrying on out of state permits here.

Isn't that what that bill states though? Or are you arguing with the fact that it has 0% chance of passing? I've seen another article that said there was bipartisan support for PA to adopt universal background checks too. Although that article hinted short barreled rifles could transfer person to person without a background check so who knows if that's true

I'd see open carry pass before constitutional carry does. And open carry is very unlikely at that...voted down several times by a congressman in the upstate (name escapes me at the time).

Gun laws are nice in this state and nearly all my coworkers have multiple firearms of some sort, but far too many people(instructors...) will lose significant income if constitutional carry passes. Those individuals have convinced many that the 8 hours of training is a god send and missing out on that will turn the state into the wild west.