ken1107

Former New Yorker & first time owner. Hello from West Orange.

Hi. I am sure I came to the right place for some knowledge and entertainment. First off, I am originally from NYC and dreaded being in the "burbs". After about a year I have come to realize I was missing a lot and it is definitely great to be in Jersey. I recently just got my FID and purchased my very first pistol (HK VP9). I am looking forward to learning from all of you, so thank you in advance.

Thank you all for the warm welcoming. I knew I would be at home here. It really was a toss up between the VP9 and the PPQ (which I will eventually get) but a lot of reviews I read steered me to the VP9. I would not have been disappointed either way. Glad to be on board.

Sent from my SM-G925K using Tapatalk

Im also from NYC....at first I hated it but now I dont miss the chaos and see what I was missing ....

Yeah ain't that truth. It is also easier in NJ to excersise my 2nd amendment. I do miss NY from time to time for the ease and abundance of restaurants, other then that I haven't looked back.

Sent from my SM-G925K using Tapatalk

Welcome. You can learn a lot from these guys. But really, what are you drinking?

I drank the kool-aid and now I am here. But seriously it is such a change of pace, and all the perks make it great. Ever tried to find parking in NYC or any of the 5 boroughs after work or a night out? It's horrific. Now I just come home pull my car into a driveway and relax. That's one of the major perks.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I drank the kool-aid and now I am here. But seriously it is such a change of pace, and all the perks make it great. Ever tried to find parking in NYC or any of the 5 boroughs after work or a night out? It's horrific. Now I just come home pull my car into a driveway and relax. That's one of the major perks.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Just bustin'. I went to H.S. in NYC. My first shots were under W. 16th St. in 1968. But I could never live there. I hate even being there. I have to drive to Queens on Sunday and I'm already gagging over the thought. 

Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions. I'm a relative beginner to the shooting arts and God knows how many dumb posts I've made. The guys here are pretty friendly and helpful.