vm27

help me pick a long range Precision rifle 308 or 300 wm

so guys i been looking for a good rifle for few weeks now, but i think i need your help. any recomendation will be apreciated . so im looking to shot 400-800 yards.  what do u guys think of this  rifles . i am looking to spend $2,500 for iti know the ar wont be as good the 700 but i still like it. i have a nightforce 5-24-56 scope . i really like this 3. feel free to tell me what other rifles you will recomend me

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/tactical/centerfire-tactical/model-700-tactical-chassis.aspx

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_815080_-1_785153_757785_757784_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

http://www.dpmsinc.com/LONG-RANGE-LITE_ep_150-1.html

Get the Ruger Precision Rifle.  1k very accurate.

How about the new Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmore....?????/

I definitely think I'm getting this.. any other rifle ? i like that gap 10 to how much are they going for and availability 

Ok, before I give my suggestion let me say this:

Prior to the last 12 months the furthest I ever shot was 330 yards while in the Army doing the Rifle Qualification Course.

In the laxt 12 months I have shot both Tactical and F Class matches in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Delaware and NJ from 300 to 1,000 yards. I have averaged about 3 matches a month and shot close to 1,500 rounds in both competition and practice.

The 300Win Mag is unsuited for both Tactical or F Class shooting. That caliber is intended for hunting the largest game in North American and even though the caliber is currently in use by our Military Snipers more ballistically efficient calibers with less Recoil are available.

My recommendations are as follows :

308Win - available in both bulk and match quality via the Interweb

243Win

6.5 Creedmore

.260 Rem

The calbers listed above are typically found in most Mid and Long Range Competitions.

As far as a rifle, while I have 2 Rem 700s I would go with the Ruger Precision

Good luck

I didn't pick it up, been working late, but its mine and I'd like to grab it before my next FL trip late next week so I can fly it down.  I think there may be another according to sources.  

I didn't pick it up, been working late, but its mine and I'd like to grab it before my next FL trip late next week so I can fly it down. I think there may be another according to sources.

Its gone...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They probably only had the one. I was wrong.

They had one 308, gone a week or so ago. 6.5 was suppose to be mine but had funds tethered to another rifle. So I gave it up and they sold it. They'll be more. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When ever I can find one, I'll be getting a Ruger in 6.5. Figuring it may take until March for that to happen. Hopefully not much longer. There aren't too many arguments against this rifle. Especially for some just geting into precision rifle.

Prior to the Ruger, my best option was a semi custom Remington 700 in .308 or .243. Seen a few very nice rifles by a particular outfit that my LGS deals with.

I'd say go 308. Plenty accurate, lots of match factory ammo if you don't handload, good barrel life, cheaper ammo, easier on the shoulder, less recoil (easier follow through). My last 300wm lasted about 1500 rounds. I did beat on it though. Matches and training. 20 rounds rapid engagements several times a day. When I borescoped it, the bore looked like a piece of firewood. But!! It still shot a 1 moa. That was a lilja barrel.

I'd say go 308. Plenty accurate, lots of match factory ammo if you don't handload, good barrel life, cheaper ammo, easier on the shoulder, less recoil (easier follow through). My last 300wm lasted about 1500 rounds. I did beat on it though. Matches and training. 20 rounds rapid engagements several times a day. When I borescoped it, the bore looked like a piece of firewood. But!! It still shot a 1 moa. That was a lilja barrel.

Listen to this man.  He know what he speaks of.

C