Xchange1980

Denied by NICS how so??

Congress may have declined to ban the sale of guns to people on federal terrorism watch lists, but one state New Jersey has, at least theoretically, been stopping such purchases since 2013. ... LINK

Under a law signed by Gov. Chris Christie, people buying guns or applying for a firearm permit in New Jersey can be blocked as part of the routine criminal history check, conducted through the National Crime Information Center.

Congress may have declined to ban the sale of guns to people on federal terrorism watch lists, but one state New Jersey has, at least theoretically, been stopping such purchases since 2013. ... LINK

OF COURSE the PRNJ has to be the first in the race to be stupid!!! They have a perfect stupid record of trampling on peoples rights!  Why in God's name stop now! 

That is hysterical, too bad it is also true!

That's the sad part, it's true.

We've taken stupid to a whole new level in Peoples Republic of New Jersey, sling shots? illegal. fireworks? illegal. BB guns? regulated. Ammo purchase? please sign here...maybe NICS for sales of cutlery are next, it wouldn't surprise me in this State!!

That's good news but it might not end here.     I would still hire an attorney once you receive that letter,  There is no telling how many lists your name might be on because of their F*^% up.   With computerized record keeping and the quality of employees currently in the public sector due to Christies hatred of them you just don't know.      When you receive that letter make many copies,  get them notarized, signed originals,  have it memorialized in as many ways as your attorney might think.     I WOULD NOT TRUST ANYTHING from any government agency especially a firearm related matter in NJ. 

Well I went yesterday to pick up my gun and NICS was back up over an hour my NICS came back no problem and got my gun, I'm a happy camper but yes I will most definitely be keeping multiple copies of the letter they send me

Bro it sucks!

Thank you for informing the rest of us about your experience