Sign in to follow this  
gunnarsport

Decided on the HK VP9 LE

Hi,

After much research and having a tendency to over think things, I decided on and purchased the HK VP9 LE package, with the night sights and the extra 3rd magazine.

I should be picking it up next weekend. I went back to Cheyenne Outfitters and handled the VP9 and it just ozzes quality. The fit and finish, at least to my eyes, appears to be a step above the M&P and the FNS-9. The grip is perfect and the whole feel and balance is perfect to me.

I stopped in Sportsmen Center in Bordentown. I dont know how this place stays in business, its dead in there and it looks like you are stepping back into the 1970s. They really

need a full makeover. The gun counter was practically empty and old and dated looking. However, I will say the lady at the counter was extremely nice and professional. The whole feel of the store is depressing and it certainly wouldn't shock me if I drove by again in  2 months to see a Out of Business sign on the door. I may be wrong, but that's

the vibe this place puts out, to me.

I did not purchase from Cheyenne Outfitters since I found another dealer with a better price that had one left in stock.

You actually found a VP9 LE in stock?  I thought they were fairly hard to find - most places have the regular VP9...

Robert at Cheyenne Gunsmith and Firearms in Manville just sold two LE models today he had in stock, he sold few dozen the past 2 months

Stopping the VP series?  No way!!!  I recently bought the VP9 and I searched every where. WAY too popular to stop now. I actually traded a HG in for part of said VP9.  The dealer said no sweat on trade etc.. but I had to actually pay for the entire HG while waiting on a permit. They move too fast.

I have around 500 rounds through mine. Maybe 450...  It is unreal. From 3-10 yards it shoots itself. super easy to get tight grouping. Recoil is nil. Action is smooth and the grips are king. It came with the small/medium/large hand grips with the medium installed.   I have a large hand and found this grip perfect. You will be amazed at how light it is. Mine came with 2 mags and I bought 2 more. I might get one more. Order them online.  Yeah, they are not cheap, but beats calling around or driving around locally. 

I got them from :

http://www.crosscreekguns.com/HKmags.html

Easy and very fast shipping.  SO fast that I had no idea what was in the envelope.

I field stripped it after 200-250 rounds, to see how it looked. Really did NOT need a cleaning but I cleaned it anyway. 

Have fun!!!

OH, BTW, if you have NOT gotten your NICS check yet, you can not get that done on Sunday. Food for thought.

Tempest,

Thanks, I am really looking forward to shooting it. I got the LE version, with the extra magazine and night sights. I would like to get at least 1 more magazine, maybe two and be done.

Yes, my dealer will be running the NICS check on Saturday.