Sign in to follow this  
revenger

1911a1 mags

Wilson, Cobra Tripp, and Chip McCormick are all excellent magazines. Wilsons will be the most expensive and the CMCs the cheapest. The Wilsons and Cobras are a little smoother b/c of their polymer followers but all of them are reliable.

I haven't had any problems with Colt marked, Metalforms (several different models), GI type marked Colt .45 Auto (but I don't think they're made by Colt, a bunch of Chip McCormicks and a few others. My Wilson's however don't lock open the slide on the last shot in any of my pistols. Not sure why, maybe just a bad batch or maybe they're worn out. None seem to cause any feeding issues though. If I was looking for decent 7 round mags I would just buy cheap GI types, if they function well in your firearms buy a few more and stock up. It's really only the 8 rounders that seem like certain ones won't feed right.

I've got a bunch of Springfields, 7 rounders in both blue and SS and no problems with any of 'em. I've also got a couple Colt (7 rd) and a few CMC (8 rd) and they've also had no problems. Other than the followers and the Colt logo stamped in them, they appear identical. 

OTOH, I have a Springfield 10 round SS that has been nothing but trouble. I can't recommend that one.