EWC88

Dodge Ram ECM

So I got the lovely code of P0601 which is a bad ECM. Because of this I can not pass inspection (which is due) so I need to get this handled. I looked online everywhere and saw some places called auto module inc, computer resources, etc. Problem I have is when I do reviews first all these companies are apparently the same person, and I see a decent amount of negative reviews so I'm a little nervous with that. Dealers wants close to $1k for ECM then to reflash it. Anyone ever have a issue like this and got a ECM/PCM from some place trust worthy? Really trying to avoid the stealerships cost..

8/80=8 YEARS OR 80K MILES FOR ANYTHING EMISSIONS RELATED. shit...sorry bout caps locks, lol.

i just did one for this code in an 02 durango with about 120k on it. no one had any availibity, including dodge. i had to send his out to be repaired. it took them close to a month.

Years ago I used to go to salvage yards when I didn't have much money to repair my vehicle but they are far and few in between any longer. At least here in NJ they are. If you find one you may still have to reflash it but not 100% sure on that.

it's difficult to re-flash chrysler computers. i think mike from napaflash can, but i'm not sure. you can't just buy a used computer and install it like you used to be able to do. they need the vehicles vin, and in some instances, other vehicle info i think.

i miss when i could just slap a used eec4 computer into pretty much any ford as a test..but then i rarely replaced those. was mostly gm and chrysler ecms.

So I got the lovely code of P0601 which is a bad ECM. Because of this I can not pass inspection (which is due) so I need to get this handled. I looked online everywhere and saw some places called auto module inc, computer resources, etc. Problem I have is when I do reviews first all these companies are apparently the same person, and I see a decent amount of negative reviews so I'm a little nervous with that. Dealers wants close to $1k for ECM then to reflash it. Anyone ever have a issue like this and got a ECM/PCM from some place trust worthy? Really trying to avoid the stealerships cost..

Have you tried a junkyard? When my ECM went bad on my truck, I checked online junkyards for places that had the same year/model/motor ECM. Got it shipped to me; replaced and never looked back. You just have to get the right model ECM bacause every year the manufacturer's change something.

S.