destro23

What mid priced red dot to get?

Hey guys.... it's a new black friday year and i still have no red dot on my Spikes AR...

I would love a red dot. Maybe even slightly magnified 3x-5x

what do you guys think?

Vortex - Burris?  and do you know of any deals coming up that i shouldn't miss?

Or should i get an regular red dot and add a magnifier later? Whats your mid price setup?

I just did a lot of research and ended up buying from a new company. I got the Holosun 503c and I love it. If you're outside it doesn't need any battery life, and indoors the battery life is 50,000 hours. The automatic brightness adjustment is pretty cool too. IIRC the circle is 65 moa and the dot is 2 moa, and you can turn on and off the circle. Also the brightness setting gets really bright while staying clear. For the price the glass is of pretty good quality. Also the company isn't new at making red dot sights, they do all the wiring for primary arms. (The wiring in these units are different then the primary arms ones)

I missed out on palmetto state Aimpoint H-1 for 399... i balked. because i've never looked down an aimpoint physically.

I just got back from bass pro Atlantic City and actually looked through a magnified 3x Burris... then looked through vortex strikefire and an Eotech. (i may skip eotech for now due to lawsuit thread)

The burris i noticed is more like a scope and you have to be closer to the sight to see through it.

So i'm thinking i don't want magnified for now would rather have a good red dot better. And ill just have to make another AR for longer range :)

I missed out on palmetto state Aimpoint H-1 for 399... i balked. because i've never looked down an aimpoint physically.

I just got back from bass pro Atlantic City and actually looked through a magnified 3x Burris... then looked through vortex strikefire and an Eotech. (i may skip eotech for now due to lawsuit thread)

The burris i noticed is more like a scope and you have to be closer to the sight to see through it.

So i'm thinking i don't want magnified for now would rather have a good red dot better. And ill just have to make another AR for longer range :)

They are back in stock. Realize it's closer to $500 because you need a mount with it. I love the bobro mount but that's not exactly a budget piece. The Daniel defense mounts are real nice too.

The Aimpoint PRO is a proven Red Dot Sight. I haven't turned mine off in over 2 years and I've beat it up pretty good. I am not gentle. I have an astigmatism and the dot looks great to me. Very clear and easily adjustable. I always recommend the PRO.