EWC88

Liquid plumber recommendations

The shower is the worst place to use chemicals. If you have a traditional tub, you might have to get rid of the whole thing with all the damage it can cause. They are generally assembled with dissimilar metals such as bronze or brass and steel controls. Go in your basement and take a look. And they are soldered together. If it fails, every thing you see connected to your tub is gone. The drain, the connection to the drain line, the tub control, all the shit behind it, all gone. Snake it.

Trying the good old snake method, it's a pain in the ass but what isn't. First go round I got nothing, second I got a little crap, I need to do it a third time. The snake will not go any farther to I tighten the cable and start cranking it and pushing forward which helps get it going, but I have to go down farther. I must of atleast gone down 15' and got nothing major.

Very unusual for a shower/tub drain to be 15 feet long, usually it's a couple feet from the drain to the 3 inch waste stack. I usually tie the tub into the 3" right before the toilet to wet vent the toilet with the tub vent. I know you probably have no idea what I'm saying lol. Mark your snake with a piece of tape when you get it all the way in. The pull it out of the drain without pushing it back into the drum so you can measure it. You may think you're feeding out 15 feet but maybe not actually happening. If you're close to me I will loan you my power auger with auto feed. It's like a FA Daniel Defense AR of power snakes lol. I never use it anymore because I despise drain cleaning with a passion. I would rather go on food stamps before snaking drains for a living...

Going do this again tonight when I get back, for the little amount of stuff I got out it helped a lot. I will do what you said deerslayer with the tape put on the cord, and your right that other stuff you were saying I have no clue what the hell you are saying lol.

Zeke- yea I'll have to make sure I tighten it well

Going do this again tonight when I get back, for the little amount of stuff I got out it helped a lot. I will do what you said deerslayer with the tape put on the cord, and your right that other stuff you were saying I have no clue what the hell you are saying lol.

Zeke- yea I'll have to make sure I tighten it well

Sorry bro, I started talking licensed Master Plumber, it's a different language than English lol...

I have a septic tank so I steer away from harsh chemicals I had a clogged drain and poured a box of baking soda in then half bottle of vinegar and then held the plunger over the open drain hole to make a tight seal and it worked!

I have a septic tank so I steer away from harsh chemicals I had a clogged drain and poured a box of baking soda in then half bottle of vinegar and then held the plunger over the open drain hole to make a tight seal and it worked!

Acidic chemical drain cleaners don't harm septic tank bacteria. But bleach, and anti bacterial soaps do.

Thanks deerslayer that's unfortunate because I work in the Healthcare field and strictly use antibacterial soap! Guess I'm gonna have to switch it up thanks for the tip!

Well I work in the Plumbing heating and AC field. I do wear gloves while touching existing plumbing waste piping, but there have been times I've gotten covered in people piss and shit before. I use antibacterial wipes in those situations. Good alternative to antibacterial soap down your drains. I'm exposed to so many microbes every day I'm probably immune to a lot of things. I haven't been sick in years, can't remember the last time I had a cold or the flu actually...