Serious

NRA is doing what in NJ?

Shit that NRA add is disgusting! I definitely feel like I wasted $ on my membership after reading that. Altho the duffel bag looks nice haha I didn't get it yet to Confirm the quality altho if the NRA payed for our first lawyer for USANA I can Def appreciate that. Any support we can get to help out is great! 26k on those statues and flags? Was the labor for install volunteers? How expensive can statues and flags be?

Yeah it's kinda like when your stuck behind some Crack head in shop rite paying with food stamps (that we all paid for) and then you see them in the parking lot getting into a Cadillac Escalade with rims on it. 

its what I've been saying all along...its a racket...or more precisely a business..did it start out that way in the begining ?...no i don't believe so but just like the us govt it got profitable and corrupt and special interests for profit take over.....

other examples are "humanitarian" groups...huge groups collecting money where .05 on a dollar make it to the intended the rest is absorbed in "administration expense" i.e.: salaries, travel expenses, mansions for executives

so every time they start regurgitating the same bills everyone says "omg we have to do something.....i know... ill donate to the nra" then call up and donate $10 - $1000 or whatever amount....do you think they are going to say "listen im going to be honest with you we aren't going to do shit for you.. you will be  throwing your money away by giving it to us"..

no they take the money and then use it to get some already gun friendly state to allow carry in some insignificant location upping their shall issue permit to be valid in 99.99% of locations in their state as opposed to the previous 99.98%...then telling nj people that that victory is just one step closer for changes for them....and they just need your support and more money ...change is on the horizion for them....

its a business which profits from fear and peoples hope that they can help....which for nj residents they can't/won't......instead they have more than enough pseudo fudd "lifetime members" that rattle people up by saying..."if it wasn't for them wed have it so much worse donate donate donate".....

enter in the people saying "nra doesn't get involved its the state groups xyz ,abc, jkl,  etc...we have to support them"...so people donate to them as well....and guess what they are little versions of the same...while there may be some well intentioned people involved in those groups...look at the infighting/power struggles that have been plenty public ...and the result?.....no positive change for nj gun owners ....subtle backslide 

maybe if all these small nj groups would put the egos and quest to make a business/living out of it and actually teamed up and got their shit together that there would be some united front to get some type of "house cleaning" of the nj govt  movement going.... 

its what I've been saying all along...its a racket...or more precisely a business..did it start out that way in the begining ?...no i don't believe so but just like the us govt it got profitable and corrupt and special interests for profit take over.....

other examples are "humanitarian" groups...huge groups collecting money where .05 on a dollar make it to the intended the rest is absorbed in "administration expense" i.e.: salaries, travel expenses, mansions for executives

so every time they start regurgitating the same bills everyone says "omg we have to do something.....i know... ill donate to the nra" then call up and donate $10 - $1000 or whatever amount....do you think they are going to say "listen im going to be honest with you we aren't going to do shit for you.. you will be  throwing your money away by giving it to us"..

no they take the money and then use it to get some already gun friendly state to allow carry in some insignificant location upping their shall issue permit to be valid in 99.99% of locations in their state as opposed to the previous 99.98%...then telling nj people that that victory is just one step closer for changes for them....and they just need your support and more money ...change is on the horizion for them....

its a business which profits from fear and peoples hope that they can help....which for nj residents they can't/won't......instead they have more than enough pseudo fudd "lifetime members" that rattle people up by saying..."if it wasn't for them wed have it so much worse donate donate donate".....

enter in the people saying "nra doesn't get involved its the state groups xyz ,abc, jkl,  etc...we have to support them"...so people donate to them as well....and guess what they are little versions of the same...while there may be some well intentioned people involved in those groups...look at the infighting/power struggles that have been plenty public ...and the result?.....no positive change for nj gun owners ....subtle backslide 

maybe if all these small nj groups would put the egos and quest to make a business/living out of it and actually teamed up and got their shit together that there would be some united front to get some type of "house cleaning" of the nj govt  movement going.... 

I'm no Fudd but I'll say it. If it wasn't for the NRA, you sure wouldn't have 15 round mags and ARs with pinned stocks in Jersey.

I'm no Fudd but I'll say it. If it wasn't for the NRA, you sure wouldn't have 15 round mags and ARs with pinned stocks in Jersey.

can you expand on this?...are you saying the nra directly went to bat for us as opposed to local politicians representing their constituents?...it is consistently said that nra can not/will not get involved at the state level....they have been known to allow the state orgs to fight it out then take the credit for things they did not do....

can you expand on this?...are you saying the nra directly went to bat for us as opposed to local politicians representing their constituents?...it is consistently said that nra can not/will not get involved at the state level....they have been known to allow the state orgs to fight it out then take the credit for things they did not do....

I can expand on it. If it wasn't for ME, the NRA, NOBODY would have 15 round magazines or ARs with pinned stocks.

I understand you complaining about NJ, but when the Obamas and Hilliarys get their way it hits Jersey as well. You are not exempt.

I can expand on it. If it wasn't for ME, the NRA, NOBODY would have 15 round magazines or ARs with pinned stocks.

I understand you complaining about NJ, but when the Obamas and Hilliarys get their way it hits Jersey as well. You are not exempt.

And the people of NJ thank you.  :icon_rolleyes:

For the record, I got no problem with my NRA membership.

Sure, I'd be happy if they spent more time and money in Jersey, but I don't second guess their efforts on the national level.

There's a lot of misunderstanding out there to overcome (gun sense, Bloomburg, Mom's for the pussification of America).

What I do find discussing and revolting, is that every NJ Assembly seat was up for grabs this past election,

And only 20 % voter turnout and we lost 4 gun friendlys - now that sucks! And it's that's not the NRA's fault.

I am an NRA Life Benefactor Member, and contribute a few hundred dollars every year, and will continue to do so, no matter how anti-nra nj gunowners become.

I get your back, you get mine.

Paul sell me on why should join up after this backstabbing .

Not telling you to join, or even asking. Just making statements. The NRA is the only national organization to protect your national rights. NJ is a lost cause. I applaud SAPPA and NJ2AS for fighting, but ......

Not telling you to join, or even asking. Just making statements. The NRA is the only national organization to protect your national rights. NJ is a lost cause. I applaud SAPPA and NJ2AS for fighting, but ......

But you bailed after frank.

Then you totally bailed once you moved.

The national AWB ended. You can now have 15 round mags.

A new, more restrictive AWB was not passed after the Connecticut mass murder.

I have to tell you, after several years here (not singling out you Zeke), this place is packed with a bunch of selfish pricks that have no interest in 2A and RKBA and would sell out their neighbors and the entire country to get 30 round mags. Most of you support court cases that you know could threaten gun laws nationwide if they have a chance of helping Jersey. Most of you are pissed off about any suggestion about national reciprocity, not because of any Constitutional or regulatory issues, but because (at first) people from other states could carry in Jersey and you might not be able to.

No he bailed after he retired and is collecting his $6000/ month pension tax free. People use Jersey like a whore and then bail.

Just to clarify, I bailed after the Newtown fiasco and watched the NJ Legislature ignore gun owners in Trenton. Your pension estimate is a little high and is definitely not tax free in AZ. NJ used me to the point that I had enough. When will you bail?

No he bailed after he retired and is collecting his $6000/ month pension tax free. People use Jersey like a whore and then bail.

Well, it doesn't make a good dishrag. What the heck are you using it for? It's the armpit of the US. The only things going for it are grift, graft, corruption, and pensions. If you aint in for that, you get the highest taxes, the worst government, the worst laws, the worst roads, the worst people, highest insurance rates, highest property taxes, and the worst traffic.

Seriously, what's in it for you?

The national AWB ended. You can now have 15 round mags.

This had nothing to do with the NRA. Bush didn't resign it because he is pro America and that's the end of the story. 

Keep your 35 bucks and your name off any list of membership that shows strength in fighting bad laws. This way when Gov. Sweeney or Fulop or whoever tells you to surrender you hobby or face jail, just cower in the corner, complain and bitch and blame everyone but yourself.  I had enough with this should I join or not crap.  You are the NRA.  If you want the NRA "calvary" to come riding over the hill to "HELP" you, you better get off your backside and start fighting as hard as you can because nobody is going to help save your ass if you are not 110% committed to saving your own ass.

That means getting involved and showing strength and growth in numbers.  One million NJ gun owners and we are about as organized as a plate of spaghetti.  This NJ attitude that somebody needs to fight for me is bullshit.  If NJ were to bring in some significant membership numbers in the NRA, we would be listened to.  NO, we only complain about the dues and their "forgetting us".  When was the last time you wrote your elected officials, if ever. When was the last time you challenged your buddies to join?  Sorry to say, we deserve to loose our rights, because we are not fighting to keep them.  Yet we expect someone on the national level to join a fight we are not even interested in fighting, only complaining about.  Join the state association, if only as a paper member. Make noise.  Want to see politicians crap in their pants, let AARP how it's done.  Cause old people  vote.  We were given a perfect opportunity with low voter turnout, yet we lost because we could not even get fellow gun owners out to vote.

Apparently, you don't want your guns anymore cause I don't see any significant fighting going on.  I'm in NJ24 and have been told by them you could fit all the legislators that fully support 2A in Trenton into a Mini Cooper.

I have to stop now.  I am too upset to continue.  If you can't see the handwriting on the wall so be it.  Don't bother to bitch here when the SHTF.

I also am appalled at the comments made towards PK90. Paid his dues, spoke his mine, did his thing, more than many, and decided to be where he's comfortable in his golden years.  That was his dream and he's living it, more power to him.

I like when authority is challenged, however this misplaced notion by saving $35 bucks is the way to do it eludes me.  Rant off.

The NRA uses nj so they can scare people from other states to donate money so that doesn't happen there.

Yup... That's an old "West Wing" tactic.  You let the idiot candidate from the opposition run in a district you don't care about and use them to pump up the $$$ in the campaign committee fund. :facepalm:

This had nothing to do with the NRA. Bush didn't resign it because he is pro America and that's the end of the story. 

You're an idiot. Bush said he would sign it if Congress passed it. Bush said he would sign continuation of the AWB if it came to his desk in 2004. That's a fact.

Again, you can thank ME, the NRA. Obviously you had nothing to do with it. And, yet, you blame ME. When I saved your ass and you sat on it.

So I usually get a call once in a blue moon to renew my membership, I have been hesitant because I really don't see the NRA doing much at the local state level but I see them winning victories at the national level.  As we have all seen the victories at the national level do not ever trickle into NJ's warped version of what is good governance.  During the periods of July, 2013 through November 2013 I was embattled with my local police department over the issue of additional requirements set forth in the permitting policies.  My local township under the direction of whatever shit lord lawyers are in charge of Hudson County told the town to copy Jersey City's permitting process.  During this struggle I just joined the NJ2AS and reached out to the members there.  Robert Barush and Frank Fiamingo at the time just started Operation Establish Compliance (I don't know if this mirrors or is the same as the ANJRPC Permitting Strikeforce) and using their guidance I addressed the city of Guttenberg at a town hall.  The heat I brought during the town hall caught the directory of public safety's attention (Michael Caliguro), the Captain of the Police Department and their legal counsel.  They asked that I provide a letter addressing the statutes the town was in violation of and who to speak with at the NJSP as I referenced their documentation.  I crafted the letter as such and also had the NJSP Firearms Unit give Mr. Caliguro a call.  He has since been removed from the Director of Public Safety position and the permitting process has been moved to Sgt. Hosie who is super awesome and does not fuck around.  He plays by the NJSP provisions and I had a permit within thirty days last time I applied.  Attached is the letter that I used.  Without Frank's and Robert's initial push and documentation on how to address the city council I would have gotten no where.  Attached is the letter that I submitted to the town to get things changed.  NJ2AS will always get my donation money the NRA not so much.  If they think NJ is a lost cause then that's their prerogative.

FDNoAddress.pdf

You're an idiot. Bush said he would sign it if Congress passed it. Bush said he would sign continuation of the AWB if it came to his desk in 2004. That's a fact.

Again, you can thank ME, the NRA. Obviously you had nothing to do with it. And, yet, you blame ME. When I saved your ass and you sat on it.

I'll be at Old Bridge tomorrow, come on down and call me names to my face.