Zeke

Sig p220, 229, or 226

In what use? Gun games?

Don't play games. But in basic pistol training at a two day class there was a huge difference for me with drills using a brand new glock 19 i got 3 days before and my p226 which was my first pistol.

The sigs are great guns. Striker fired pistols just work way better for me

Slower? How? Either use a SAO, or just practice DA. Fastest gun is Jerry's revolver lol.

I would say the biggest thing for me is the time between shots. A glock 17 feels like it doesn't move in my hands. My p226 flips a lot more. The da/sa doesn't bother me as much. I'm actually better with the DA pull than the SA pull

I would say the biggest thing for me is the time between shots. A glock 17 feels like it doesn't move in my hands. My p226 flips a lot more. The da/sa doesn't bother me as much. I'm actually better with the DA pull than the SA pull

I have the same experience with Sigs and HKs. It's the higher bore axis when compared to the Glock.

I prefer striker fired pistols over DA/SA because of the consistancy in the trigger pull and the difference in trigger reset.

Fixed it for you....

11tbyis.jpg

You're welcome.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

thank you, I know to try before I buy.

The big question is .45 or 9

All depends on your likes. A 220 feels like a little thinner 226. Trigger reach and over all size, they are pretty close. The 227 grip felt too large for me and I have big hands.

All depends on your likes. A 220 feels like a little thinner 226. Trigger reach and over all size, they are pretty close. The 227 grip felt too large for me and I have big hands.

I need to hit my local rental. I kinda want .45

Honestly guys, who here jus has 1 gun

I have the sig p226 in 9mm and it's never given me a problem once. It's very accurate, has a natural feel when gripped and single action is light as a feather. I do have the upgraded trigger which I suggest getting. Another thing nice about it is there are numerous conversions for it and they don't require permits

I have the sig p226 in 9mm and it's never given me a problem once. It's very accurate, has a natural feel when gripped and single action is light as a feather. I do have the upgraded trigger which I suggest getting. Another thing nice about it is there are numerous conversions for it and they don't require permits

does the same apply for the 229? As far as conversions?

Zeke,

I have all of these guns. You're more than welcome to try them out. Conversions are available for 229's as well as 226's.

I prefer the 228/ 229 guns over the 226. Seems just to fit better.

I have no issue shooting blocks or anything really. I'm able to get up high on the gun to control it. Beaver tails for signs come in stainless elites, legion, scorpion and the custom 22 models. It should be noted that the custom 22 is the cheapest way to buy a Sig.

speaking of the 226, mine's been having a lot of failures to feed lately...  can't figure out why and it's driving me crazy.  a fresh round will be nose-up in front of the chamber randomly... thought it was a mag problem so I tried 4 different mags (2 new, 2 a bit older) but it didn't help.  maybe... just maybe it's the shitty remington UMC 9mm I've been feeding it and I'm trying desperately to justify that regretful purchase...  it worked fine with speer lawman 124gr... always cycles my HD rounds

ok sorry rant off...   

Zeke,

I have all of these guns. You're more than welcome to try them out. Conversions are available for 229's as well as 226's.

I prefer the 228/ 229 guns over the 226. Seems just to fit better.

I have no issue shooting blocks or anything really. I'm able to get up high on the gun to control it. Beaver tails for signs come in stainless elites, legion, scorpion and the custom 22 models. It should be noted that the custom 22 is the cheapest way to buy a Sig.

Thanks bro.

Picking up p2p's mañana

speaking of the 226, mine's been having a lot of failures to feed lately... can't figure out why and it's driving me crazy. a fresh round will be nose-up in front of the chamber randomly... thought it was a mag problem so I tried 4 different mags (2 new, 2 a bit older) but it didn't help. maybe... just maybe it's the shitty remington UMC 9mm I've been feeding it and I'm trying desperately to justify that regretful purchase... it worked fine with speer lawman 124gr... always cycles my HD rounds

ok sorry rant off...

Polish feed ramp? No experience with sig yet but that seems an issue with some semi autos