Zeke

Sig p220, 229, or 226

The e2 or e squared was a trial with a new shorter grip for people to try.

That has emerged into Sig using that grip on new guns now and the e2 being phased out.

That being said, 229's that have the long extractor will use the 229-1 mags that are 15 rounds. This was accomplished by Sig doing away with the 9mm frame and using the 40sw p229 frame. The 40 frame had a wider mag well hence the 2 added rounds.

One other thing is that mecgar was the manufacturer for Sig and they put out a 15 round mag in a non sig marked magazine for the 228 and early 229 folks. Easier to show you then to write. Hope you get the idea.

The e2 or e squared was a trial with a new shorter grip for people to try.

That has emerged into Sig using that grip on new guns now and the e2 being phased out.

That being said, 229's that have the long extractor will use the 229-1 mags that are 15 rounds. This was accomplished by Sig doing away with the 9mm frame and using the 40sw p229 frame. The 40 frame had a wider mag well hence the 2 added rounds.

One other thing is that mecgar was the manufacturer for Sig and they put out a 15 round mag in a non sig marked magazine for the 228 and early 229 folks. Easier to show you then to write. Hope you get the idea.

The correct answer to this is to buy a real p228 with stamped slide if you want that size 9mm. :).

I'm looking at the 229 because of the 224

But, does a older 229 mag fit the new 229?

N4 and bry I appreciate your knowledge thus far

I was using the older 228/229 mecgar mags in my 229-1 frame almost exclusively.  Never had a problem

I have a 226 9mm i put the E2 grips on when they 1st come out. It's basically a safe queen now as I have a G21 bedside, xdm compact 9 with laser in car and rotate my xdm 40 compact, G19 gen 4, XDs 45 (i carry most due it being so damn hot here), a CM9 and my favorite XDm 40 compact. That being said, i have no intention of getting rid of it. It's a tack driver and the ladies love shooting it due to low recoil.

I almost wish it was a 229 so I could put it in the carry rotation.

It is probably my softest shooter due to weight and caliber. It is also my only hammer fired gun which makes no difference in how I shoot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a 226 9mm i put the E2 grips on when they 1st come out. It's basically a safe queen now as I have a G21 bedside, xdm compact 9 with laser in car and rotate my xdm 40 compact, G19 gen 4, XDs 45 (i carry most due it being so damn hot here), a CM9 and my favorite XDm 40 compact. That being said, i have no intention of getting rid of it. It's a tack driver and the ladies love shooting it due to low recoil.

I almost wish it was a 229 so I could put it in the carry rotation.

It is probably my softest shooter due to weight and caliber. It is also my only hammer fired gun which makes no difference in how I shoot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you!

I'm most likely hitting a rental range on Monday. They have a 220, and 229 for rent.

Why am I hung up on .45 for home defense?