DevsAdvocate

MAC Torture Tests an H&K VP9....

I like MAC. But he is being totally ridiculous saying he has to rethink his carry gun. Only thing even partially plausible is dirt getting in. His method of torture by flinging the gun at crap is totally stupid. Not many guns can endure that if any. He mentions maybe getting in a brawl and it's knocked away. Still bullsh!t... It nay drop 5 ft, get hurled, may bounce, but still won't fracture the gun. Poly is a lot more durable than that.

I just can't believe him. He's usually pretty fair and sensible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm quite surprised. i would have expected it to do much better than that

Really? Come on.

That was over the def of extreme.

It was a stupid test.

I like MAC. But he is being totally ridiculous saying he has to rethink his carry gun. Only thing even partially plausible is dirt getting in. His method of torture by flinging the gun at crap is totally stupid. Not many guns can endure that if any. He mentions maybe getting in a brawl and it's knocked away. Still bullsh!t... It nay drop 5 ft, get hurled, may bounce, but still won't fracture the gun. Poly is a lot more durable than that.

I just can't believe him. He's usually pretty fair and sensible.

I agree to an extent.  But failing the water and dirt test is unacceptable.  If a Glock can handle those conditions, why can't a VP9?

I think Jon had some issues with his VP9 at the IDPA training thing Stu had...

Still, mac was way overboard. I heard it doesn't like certain ammo. Maybe that was it. I've run ammo through guns I have that puked on certain ammo and all my HKs eat it like its dessert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree to an extent. But failing the water and dirt test is unacceptable. If a Glock can handle those conditions, why can't a VP9?

I did mention that could be a problem. Especially with that open area. But the rest? Nah. This gun wasn't made to typical HK standards. Go look at the P30 live fire exercise video. It came out smelling like a rose. Still, the VP is fine for most but don't think special forces will be using it any time soon.

Still, mac was way overboard. I heard it doesn't like certain ammo. Maybe that was it. I've run ammo through guns I have that puked on certain ammo and all my HKs eat it like its dessert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Again, while some tests were meh, the mud and water one was pretty mild.  

Just because H&K makes a few good guns doesn't mean they can't have some flops in the mix. ;)

Really? Come on.

That was over the def of extreme.

It was a stupid test.

i should clarify.  when he had the problem with that first "puddle" test i was surprised.  I'd assume a "fall test" would be something like dropping on concrete out of your holster when climbing over a wall.  so say drop it from 10' high just to be sure.  throwing at the things was kinda dumb.  

Coincidentally, I just picked up a VP9 yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to run it through those tests yet.  I'll get back to you after I get around

to putting it in mud and stuff.

Be careful, don't get it wet... use it in the rain, or anywhere with water! :)

Except for the part where the gun gets wet right?  I dunno how ya'll are glossing over that glaring failure... 

You mean when he threw it in the small stream then stepped on it twice? Not a likely scenario in real life, but could also be the ammo causing FTF. I have no idea from personal experience, just throwing it out there.

You mean when he threw it in the small stream then stepped on it twice? Not a likely scenario in real life, but could also be the ammo causing FTF. I have no idea from personal experience, just throwing it out there.

I may have to watch it again, but the first test simply got the gun wet. Then he did a test with dirt and mud. Both instances yielded failure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I may have to watch it again, but the first test simply got the gun wet. Then he did a test with dirt and mud. Both instances yielded failure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Both of them he stepped on the gun multiple times. Water test was a little weak with 2 failures I believe. Mud test he caked mud into the gun, so I'm not surprised at the results. He also "washed the gun off" in water and it actually started performing better. So I don't think water is the issue at all, just from my observation of this one video.

I did mention that could be a problem. Especially with that open area. But the rest? Nah. This gun wasn't made to typical HK standards. Go look at the P30 live fire exercise video. It came out smelling like a rose. Still, the VP is fine for most but don't think special forces will be using it any time soon.