Serious

How can we bring more members to our forum?

Now.... 

Back on topic....

I think a flyer to be left at ranges would not be a bad idea....

Those crazy bar codes (QR) that can be read by smartphones on a snappy attention grabbing poster, make it stupid easy for people to find their way here.  point, shoot, join.  An 8.5 x 14 poster or 11x17 displayed conspicuously in sportsman shops and ranges.  Easy and cheap.

I have no problem running off a bunch of targets with our info on them and leaving them at the range when I go I just have to find them

You can try. Would work great at clubs, but ranges make money selling targets. So there is that consideration. Still worth a try. But I think a flyer with a big, bold hook at the top, maybe one sentence after that or maybe not, and the web address might catch a few. Something somebody can read in 5 seconds tops without even picking it up off the counter.

We could all get tattoos of the State of New Jersey with "NJGunForums.com" in a scroll over the top.

You can try. Would work great at clubs, but ranges make money selling targets. So there is that consideration. Still worth a try. But I think a flyer with a big, bold hook at the top, maybe one sentence after that or maybe not, and the web address might catch a few. Something somebody can read in 5 seconds tops without even picking it up off the counter.

We could all get tattoos of the State of New Jersey with "NJGunForums.com" in a scroll over the top.

I get it, it's your approach angle that crashes you

Sorry your right some ranges do charge for targets. At USANA you BYO I'm not used to the other ranges rules how about the free hunters ranges? Could always drop em there too

I will print some and leave them a USANA!!! I am sure Skip won't mind!!! I am the service director for a copier dealership, I will print them on 11x17 and

8.5x11 and put them in every range before I leave with a rock on the pile to keep the wind from blowing them all over the place which WOULD piss Skip off!!!!

Oh, sorry Mipa, the tattoo idea is gay!!!  I know you meant in jest though!!!  You would still be my first choice for next door neighbor when the SHTF though!!!

The "X" factor though to keep in mind is that not all gun owners are "computer/internet" savvy or desirous of spending all their time in cyberspace.    Some just go with their LGS and don't even know about Gunbroker, Ammoseek,  etc. etc.  

frankly, i'm kinda surprised this one didn't get shoved into the 1st lounge yet.

and i agree with shawn.......the market place used to be my favorite place to look here. i don't bother here now. i go to the different sale pages on fb

Old marketplace was much easier, yes, but also became a moderating NIGHTMARE.  People calling DIBS then complaining when they don't get the sale because someone sent a PM 30 seconds earlier...  Posts about price gouging, crapping on sales, etc.  

Maybe the owners could try to monetize this service in some way, through tee shirts, decals, or targets. Nothing wrong with making $$$ while publicizing the forums.

Would also be cool to have more get-togethers, either at ranges or WMAs or watering holes.

NJGF_QR_zps1bsptv12.jpg

This whole NJGF marketing thing has been talked about numerous times since I've been a member. I don't know if Maks has ever agreed or approved the use of the name, logo, etc on posters or merchandise but I would like to see him give us some type of "OK" before doing anything to avoid any issues in the future.

I like the poster at a range idea. We could make it so that if the range agrees to place a poster to our forum with our logo and snazzy marketing blurb, in return they get their own sub-forum where they can post what they want.

in return they get their own sub-forum where they can post what they want.

I got the would be some type of stipulation as to how many posts a month they are allowed, I'd hate to have to skip twenty posts a day on timeline.

I can put targets and the like at shore shot and GSSC.

As far as targets go, the range owner should be instructed to hand out just one target for free to every patron for maybe a month.  The target will have all the forum info on it, including the barcode (to make us look all tech savvy) and instructions on how to post the target to NJGF.  Everyone loves to show off a well perforated target.  This may require a sub-forum or a moderated thread specifically for targets to be displayed.  The range owner also gets a little free publicity... "hey, I did this at GSSC or RTSP, whatever.  If you really want to encourage people to participate, offer a prize, nothing big or fancy...hmmm, maybe a NJGF tee shirt or a hat.

Scorpio that's an awesome idea! We can have a thread were people post their targets from a specific distance. Say 20 yard or w.e. Only prob is how can we confirm it's all from the same distance? Someone could go close to point blank while others are shooting from a distance. At the very least we could do like top shooter of the month thread. Also we could do a youth shooter thread as well. Something on those lines. Guys I really think we are on to something here!