Serious

How can we bring more members to our forum?

Anyone good at graphic design? The older njgf targets are great but we gotta update them somehow. Once we come up with some with Barcode links and such I'll take a trip to staples and run off a 1000 or more

Actually, I have been giving the target some thought.  Instead of a typical round target with an X ring, why not use one of the FBI terrorist kind.  More of a fun thing than a competition.  I'll look around for the FBI targets.

Scorpio that's an awesome idea! We can have a thread were people post their targets from a specific distance. Say 20 yard or w.e. Only prob is how can we confirm it's all from the same distance? Someone could go close to point blank while others are shooting from a distance. At the very least we could do like top shooter of the month thread. Also we could do a youth shooter thread as well. Something on those lines. Guys I really think we are on to something here!

Great idea. We need explicit instructions for posting, however. The honor system should work regarding distances. If you feel obliged to cheat at something like this I feel sorry for you. Rest assured that I will not be submitting any sub-inch groups from distances longer than 15 inches. 

We should also figure out a way to tie this (or perhaps other activities) into getting some $$$ into the pockets of our mods. This is an active forum. God knows we can gripe. They should make $$$ for their efforts.

Anyone good at graphic design? The older njgf targets are great but we gotta update them somehow. Once we come up with some with Barcode links and such I'll take a trip to staples and run off a 1000 or more

What Staples! send me the file when you get it and I will print them free of charge for you!!!

Johnnyb that's great! Then we gotta make it happen! I also like the FBI target idea as well. Altho the circle that helps you hone your shot is pretty cool too! Anyhow it's great how everyone is really brainstorming this thing into reality

Old marketplace was much easier, yes, but also became a moderating NIGHTMARE. People calling DIBS then complaining when they don't get the sale because someone sent a PM 30 seconds earlier... Posts about price gouging, crapping on sales, etc.

Old marketplace was better. The new marketplace caused lots to leave.

The rules stated there was no such thing as dibs since the seller can see to whomever they wish. Change the marketplace and people will come back.

I am, or should say was, a graphics artist.  I work two jobs now so I have very little free time, most of it comes in moments, not hours.  I will have a crack at putting together at lest three targets that can be printed and distributed to the gun shops and ranges. I think the targets should also be downloadable, probably in PDF format, from this forum.   I'll also have a go at making a poster.  I'm thinking tabloid sized.  They wont be cheap to print like 8.5x11 or 8.5x14 but I think to stand out it really needs to be as large as possible without being a burden to the shop owner.  Come to think of it, why not make the posters for sale here on the forum. Like five or ten bucks, to help support the forum.  Kinda like getting a sticker for donating to the PBA.

I'd like to know if there is access to artwork like the forum logo or any other graphics related to the forum.  I will also peruse the images that forum users have uploaded.  If I like an image and want to use it on the poster, I will PM the owner of the picture and ask if I can use it.  I want everyone to know how much fun we are having here and a picture is worth a thousand words.

Dont count on anything getting done in a hurry.  It may be a while but it will get done.

Hey, Mods?

Can you please do us all a favor?

If you delete one of my posts, please just PM me. Sometimes I don't even remember and sometimes I post the same stuff again thinking something went wrong. Not very constructive. Heck, the one time I got banned, I didn't know I was banned when I came back a few days later (under the old system). One mod was complaining about crap I never knew I did wrong.

I think we should have a contest to come up with a new NJGF logo. The existing one is meh at best and can definitely benefit from a makeover. We can make it interesting by having each person submitting a logo put down a box of ammo as the entry fee. We vote on the best one and the winner takes the pot. Logo should be clear and sharp without transparencies, good enough for stickers and maybe even patches.

Mods - Can one of you reach out to Maks and get his ok to go through with this. I would hate to have everyone hyped up about this only to find out he won't allow it due to copyright violations or something silly.

ETA - Who came up with the lower receiver logo? Can I get a copy of the raw file? I'd like to expand on it and would rather not have to recreate it.

NJGF_AR15_LOGO.jpg

At one point I brought up NJGF swag stuff to broaden our reaches.  Hats shirts bags phone cases all stuff that could be fairly cheap to produce yet still get word out.  We would have needed a logo designed and approval from the site owner which was never granted so the idea faded and went away but ill go look for it and bump it up again.

Heres a link to the thread if anyone wants to pick it back up.  As you can see I attempted this back in 2013.  Thankfully my career has brought me to one of the free states and I am loving life here but if this WERE to happen I would still purchase a shirt and patch! 

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/58104-njgf-stuff/

Old marketplace was better. The new marketplace caused lots to leave.

The rules stated there was no such thing as dibs since the seller can see to whomever they wish. Change the marketplace and people will come back.

I don't know if it drove people away but the old version was way, way, way better.  You may know better than I do but not nearly as much stuff gets posted and it's hard to go through.  I'd vote for the old marketplace for sure.  

I think we should have a contest to come up with a new NJGF logo. The existing one is meh at best and can definitely benefit from a makeover. We can make it interesting by having each person submitting a logo put down a box of ammo as the entry fee. We vote on the best one and the winner takes the pot. Logo should be clear and sharp without transparencies, good enough for stickers and maybe even patches.

Mods - Can one of you reach out to Maks and get his ok to go through with this. I would hate to have everyone hyped up about this only to find out he won't allow it due to copyright violations or something silly.

ETA - Who came up with the lower receiver logo? Can I get a copy of the raw file? I'd like to expand on it and would rather not have to recreate it.

NJGF_AR15_LOGO.jpg

That looks pretty cool. I have to say it, though - are the diagonal lines dead space? :D It's kind of interesting how it came together.