Serious

How can we bring more members to our forum?

If you want to stay in reality and put an image of flag in there then it should be American flag with a hole in form of NJ State line in it.

More seriously if you want to bring more new people in then make card without any images or with politically neutral images, like target or something.

Text could have some idea. For example:
njgunforums.com
because you know you are the first line of defense for you and your family

because target practice is like yoga

etc :)

67gto, when they come in I would like to pick a few up if possible. IIRC you work in the Borough so I can pick them up there.

We can meet at RTSP..... no worries....

Others who do not want to meet up here in NW NJ ...... will be able to send SASE and I will give out a some cards..... 

Still deciding on how to handle it.....

Not looking for monies at this point....

Cards will be given in limited quantities, since I dont just want them thrown around and wasted....... In my opinion, they should be given to people directly after talking to them....

I like the idea of the person giving them to write their screen name on the back, so when the new person comes into the Intro section on the board, they can give a shout out to the member that recruited them....

Not looking for monies at this point....

Cards will be given in limited quantities, since I dont just want them thrown around and wasted....... In my opinion, they should be given to people directly after talking to them....

I like the idea of the person giving them to write their screen name on the back, so when the new person comes into the Intro section on the board, they can give a shout out to the member that recruited them....

That is a good idea

Thank you mipafox! There are lots of great people here and this post shows it! The initiative that we have put into pushing for more members is incredible! Not to mention the creativity and selflessness I observe is some of the finest on the Web! Keep it up guys!

Unfortunately my sticker making machine is broken at the moment, otherwise I'd get right on that for you... :jester:

I was trying to find some other image to use as a background that would resemble NJ but couldn't really find anything good. I could use the old map of Jersey like our original banner on top of the site but wanted something different. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to link me to some art and I'll do my best.

And no Mipa, I won't put a picture of CC eating a samich as the background... :sarcastichand:

The targets I made were based on a 8.5x11 size. If your pint them on a 11x17 size paper it's going to come out skewed and crappy. If you guys tell me what size paper you'll be printing I can make the changes so it comes out right. If you have the means to print on an even larger paper, I can make one with multiple targets on the one larger sheet.

I think I have the tagline for the forum to be used on the business cards and bumper stickers.

"Everything you need to know"

If you live in NJ, own guns and have questions about anything firearms related, this is the place to come.  This is where you will get your answers.  All that in five words.

Johnnyb that's great! Lalo I think the size will be 11 x 17! Is there a way you can write "post your shot targets on our forum" Everyone really appreciates the work you are putting in! Scorpio I think that Def describes our forum without being controversial! It's gonna be great coming across these at the range or the LGS!!!

How's this guy. 11x17

NJGF_Target_3_zpsbtzyo1p7.jpg

Whoever is going to be printing these or any of the other ones, PM me your email address so I can send you the high res jpg. Photobucket resizes the pics so if you grab these, they might come out fuzzy.

How's this guy. 11x17

NJGF_Target_3_zpsbtzyo1p7.jpg

Whoever is going to be printing these or any of the other ones, PM me your email address so I can send you the high res jpg. Photobucket resizes the pics so if you grab these, they might come out fuzzy.

PM'd

I do not like the tagline on the target all that much.  It's not terrible, it's a good concept but it needs something.

How about "Post your target at njgunforums.com and show us what ya got."  or just "Show us what ya got at njgunforums.com"  And have that barcode thingie link to the page where they can post the target.  After some thought I believe these targets should be posted in the same thread, not it's own subforum with a bunch of threads.  The thread should be started in the Competitive and Fun Shoot sub-forum.  Something else to consider.  Is there a restriction on posting images for new users.  Some forums wont let you post an image until you have participated in at least 10 threads.  It would be extra stupid to not check this.

EDIT: Just another thought.  We should have a bunch of different targets available for download.  If we do that then we can include the text "Download more free targets at njgunforums.com"