Serious

How can we bring more members to our forum?

Love all your ideas with that last post Scorpio64. I agree we need to make sure they can post immediately their target photo, and also something that tells them where to go to post the photo without them having to search to find it.

Yeah Scorpio I love the show us what ya got part! Poor Lalo! He's gotta keep updating the targets! I guess they say Rome wasn't built in a day! I'm giving everyone +1 who has contributed in the final product. You guys are awesome and I'm ecstatic that I joined this forum. The community here is phenomenal! This is the main reason why I started this topic, I want to share this with all firearm owners and network with more good people like yourselves! Most definitely once we get it all worked out I believe the targets should be posted in its own thread! We can Def get a mod to make one for the cause! I would be thrilled to chip in some $ for some prizes if you guys wanted to give away prizes. Or.. We could make stickers that say I had top target in NJGF! Somethin like that. Keep it up guys!

Just a word, if I may. Careful with your diction when choosing phrases. It can bring up images by the reader you may not want, such as "what you got".  Keep them short, to the point, and avoid cliches.  You are trying to win over people, not be a branded by your words (ie "Gun Nuts").

Just a word, if I may. Careful with your diction when choosing phrases. It can bring up images by the reader you may not want, such as "what you got".  Keep them short, to the point, and avoid cliches.  You are trying to win over people, not be a branded by your words (ie "Gun Nuts").

How about "please share your 110% lawful non violent target practice results while thinking happy thoughts of a progressive integrated American society". 

Don't poke the monkey. We all know perception is reality.  If you really think "whatcha got" is what you want to convey then don;'t be surprised at the outcome.  

Just love the Jersey mentality, full of "Moriarity's waves".  BTW, it's too long.

what is so great about this site and why should I/we invite others here??

To those folks that PM'd me their email addresses, I'll send you the high resolution files later on this evening. The big target is going to have the "post your targets on our forum" blurb removed until it's decided what it should include.

To respond to hunter if you don't see why this forum so great just by reading this thread then unfortunately your missing out on these great people that belong to it. Just browse the difference topics and you will see how knowledgeable and considerate the members are. Yea Lalo that works Bro.

Scorpio are you poking the monkey again?! Lol

I think he might be asking a general question to get us thinking how we should respond to new people we're asking to join the forum. Kind of like, what is our mission statement?

Sort-of

I joined to learn more about the laws in the state and find people to shoot with but what I found was a bunch of know-it-alls who claim to be experts but they can't even agree on how what the laws are and very few are interested in meeting up to shoot. All talk and no action....

Someone mentioned "keyboard commandos", I think that term fits

Ok I feel ya well. I think this forum is great to find information about firearms and the experiences that us as nj residents have gone thru. The people who belong here are from different age groups, ethnicities, professions, religious and political backgrounds but all find common ground here. Find information on your local range, hunting spots, local laws, competitions, best local firearm distributors and more. Statewide fundraisers that support our 2nd amendment or other personal endeavors to events that encourage just plain fun. If you want honest answers to questions that only local newjersians can answer, this is the place. There is even a section if you need to borrow an item, people will lend it to you. As I said before this is a great community that needs to be shared with those who don't know about us yet.

Sort-of

I joined to learn more about the laws in the state and find people to shoot with but what I found was a bunch of know-it-alls who claim to be experts but they can't even agree on how what the laws are and very few are interested in meeting up to shoot. All talk and no action....

Someone mentioned "keyboard commandos", I think that term fits

There is not am internet forum on ANY subject that you will NOT run into this.......

My Pontiac forum is full of them.... the motorcycle forum I belong to..... all of them.....

Every online forum has keyboard commandos , and "know it alls" ......

I try and keep this place in order the best i can, but people will be people.....

Turn up your BS meter a little higher and enjoy.....  

...and very few are interested in meeting up to shoot. All talk and no action....

Have you made an attempt to reach out to members to get together at a range to shoot? We just had a clay shooting meet at Clinton and had a great turnout this Sunday. I think if more people take the reigns and try to organize something, people will follow.

As a matter of fact, one of the things I've been meaning to do was start a "Meet me at the range" thread asking people to post when they'll be going to a range so they can meet up with other members to shoot together. Only reason I haven't is because I wanted to include a time when I actually went to a range to start things off, but lately my plans have always fell through. Maybe I'll create one tonight.

Don't know why I have not seen this thread before. Some good ideas here, I like the business card idea and targets too.

Hunter- sorry you feel that way but we have been having shotgun shoots for a few years now so it's not like we don't shoot togather you just have not come. There are also allot of members here that compete with each other in uspsa and idpa. Yes we have some."keyboard commandos" but as others have said no matter what forum your on there is always a few. Hell there is a few on a pregnancy forum my wife belongs to. A little secret if you want to stick around, the ignore setting is your friend