Serious

How can we bring more members to our forum?

Everyone who PM'd me their email address should have gotten an email from me with the higher resolution targets.

Got them! I will print a crap load next week after my vacation!!!!  Thanks Lalo!!!!

Are these setup for letter or ledger???

The small ones were made with a canvas size of 8.5x11. The larger one used a canvas size of 11x17. Print one out as a test and see how it goes. Keep me in the loop as I can make adjustments if needed.

Here is that last one without the blurb if anyone wants to print their own. Again, I can email the larger/original size if you want a sharper image.

image_zpsnazcvwqn.jpeg

There is not am internet forum on ANY subject that you will NOT run into this.......

My Pontiac forum is full of them.... the motorcycle forum I belong to..... all of them.....

Every online forum has keyboard commandos , and "know it alls" ......

I try and keep this place in order the best i can, but people will be people.....

Turn up your BS meter a little higher and enjoy.....  

The difference is this, in NJ the keyboard commandos are like that in real life

1) NJ gun laws are so vague that most Lawyers will give you different answers! What do you expect from us??? Call Evan Nappen if you want the right answers and be ready to pay for his advice!!!

2) A bunch of know-it-alls.....I don't feel that is the way here! A bunch of people with differing experiences expressing themselves would be more accurate!!

3) Hmm, Meeting up with a person with anger issues.......Did not go well for Chris Kyle now did it???

4) Keyboard commandos......I think the Mods do a great job here at keeping that crap to a minimum!

5) We are a diverse group of mostly great people!!!  If you don't like it here, there are other forums you can go to!

I don't like vague generalizations and accusations pointed toward the members of this forum! WE ARE LEGION!!!  WE ARE NJGF! RESPECT US!!!!

1) Called Nappen and he never got back to me. Seems like he has no interest in changing NJ gun laws because that would severely cut his income, but thats just my opinion

2) umm, not from my point of view

3) Who said anything about meeting up with someone with anger issues?? And Chris Kyle went out of his way to help others, when have you ever done that? Heck, he dedicated his life to helping others from the time he was a kid, he was a hero

4) Mods, there are mods here?

5) diverse as long as everyone agrees with you, right?

The last sentence, hmm, sounds like keyboard commando talk to me, LOL

I've lived all over this great Country and have to say that the most rude, disrespectful, self centered, arrogant, back stabbing SoB's live in this state!! Not everyone, but most of them, and that is reflected on this forum

Lalo, thanks for starting the "Meet at the range" thread. I think that's a great idea to get some people together for range days. I didn't want to clutter that thread with non meet type responses so I felt here would be a good spot to leave it!

Please focus on what a great community we have here and not the few who think it isn't.......

To get back on topic, promoting the forum is becoming addictive! Every time I talk to someone at the range or LGS I always mention to them to check us out! I met 3 people at USANA on Sunday, hopefully they decide to come by and check us out! I am gonna download a copy of the business card so I have a virtual copy to give out. I also will be taking the NRA pistol course on Sunday and plan on dropping some NJGF solicitations!

Let's keep this thread upbeat.....

You guys are inspiring me to get more involved again.....

Sent from my iPhone

Agreed.  In fact, if I was a mod I would remove (moderate) the hijack altogether (including this post) and move on, in the right direction.

1) Nappen requires a credit card # if you want answers!

2) Just my opinion! You are entitled to your own!

3) YOU are the one with anger issues!!!

4) Yeah, look back in this thread, 67gtonut responded to you as an Admin and he was kind to your accusations!!!

5) Diverse as in I always look at others opinions as I might just be wrong!!! I am always willing to admit I may be wrong and always willing to learn!!!

The last sentence was a JOKE! AKA HUMOR!!! Not meant to be taken seriously!!! LOL!

"I've lived all over this great Country and have to say that the most rude, disrespectful, self centered, arrogant, back stabbing SoB's live in this state!! Not everyone, but most of them, and that is reflected on this forum"

Since you hold the majority of us here in such disregard as you put it, "rude, disrespectful, self centered, arrogant, back stabbing SoB's", why are you still here???!  Don't come here here and attack us as a whole and expect us to welcome you!!!!

Nick, I think a warning is appropriate here if not a ban! I have never dealt with such insolence in all my time here!!!!

"I" have anger issues?     Really???    You're the one all upset because I asked a question. 

Insolence?? You're asking to have me banned because you disagree with me, that is NOT being diverse, open minded or willing to learn... I can't imagine living a life where I get so offended by someone who disagrees with me, I'll pray for you

FWIW, I have been shooting with people here and had a great time, actually planning to get out again later this week if our schedules permit. 

The "idea" behind this site is FANTASTIC, more than needed in this day and age, and I hope it will clean up and grow to become productive for the 2A movement. Unfortunately there is no mission statement for the site, way too much foul language and people looking to fight/argue over attempts to change the laws in this state (see any thread regarding law changes). Heck, fights have broken out over clothing (mall ninja) people wear to the range and the type of guns people use or how they hold them while shooting, there is absolutely NO focus on promoting gun rights in NJ. 

Those of you who grew up here have never known or experienced living in a free state and have become comfortable/feel secure with the laws here. You are also, for the most part, unwilling to change. 

Really I started this thread to promote ways to aquire new members. Please take the discussion and grievances to the 1st amendment forum. All concerns are valid and shouldn't be dismissed but they need to be addressed in a different thread. This is a brainstorming thread to increase our membership. Please keep your great ideas coming! In the last 2 weeks you guys really made lots of progress.

Let's keep this thread alive!!! How can I get the cards? Lalo sent me the target to print. Is anyone else printing the target? How about those stickers? When are we planning on giving out the targets and having people post them after they shot em?

Let's keep this thread alive!!! How can I get the cards? Lalo sent me the target to print. Is anyone else printing the target? How about those stickers? When are we planning on giving out the targets and having people post them after they shot em?

I printed some and left them at Range 10 at USANA a few days ago!  I will print more next week! I somehow lost the email from Lalo but have sent him a PM to resend the files.

OK..... Here is a little reality check on this forum.....LOL

1,000,000 gun owners in NJ

6453 NJGF members with 846,597 posts

ONLY about 340 members have more then 500 posts.....   think about that for a sec.....  let's move on....

about 2250 of our forum members have ZERO posts........  ZERO .....

This thread has 218 posts in it...... from 36 different members.....

and the final stat ......

number of people who contacted me about getting NJGF business cards to them.....

ready.....

ready......

yep.....  2

now..... this was not to lay a guilt trip on anyone.....  just stating facts ......

and please..... do not feel obligated to now contact me for the cards...... if you are not going to actually try and get them into possible new members hands..... then lets not waste em .....

but if you want them.....

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/79435-njgf-business-cards/

Wish we had the cards when I still resided there Troy. So many times I met people at CJ and would tell them about the forum and you could just tell they would forget the website as soon as you parted ways. At least giving them a card with info would reinforce it.

Exactly...... thats what they should be used for...... 

OK..... Here is a little reality check on this forum.....LOL

1,000,000 gun owners in NJ

6453 NJGF members with 846,597 posts

ONLY about 340 members have more then 500 posts..... think about that for a sec..... let's move on....

about 2250 of our forum members have ZERO posts........ ZERO .....

This thread has 218 posts in it...... from 36 different members.....

and the final stat ......

number of people who contacted me about getting NJGF business cards to them.....

ready.....

ready......

yep..... 2

now..... this was not to lay a guilt trip on anyone..... just stating facts ......

and please..... do not feel obligated to now contact me for the cards...... if you are not going to actually try and get them into possible new members hands..... then lets not waste em .....

but if you want them.....

You have to see it.

Id like cards but i dont do the computer thing at all. And pay pal thing. Id have no friggin idea where to start. Didnt have computers when i was younger and never had to use them in my work. Just these (smart phones).

OK.....  

I have updated the instructions..... gonna make is simple

just email me at [email protected] with your full mailing address.....

I will eat the postage at this point to get this rolling.....