Luso

blatant discrimination with FID process -- new campaign started in NJ

Alex is doing a good job with NJ2AS IMHO.

Since moving to Free America, it amazes me how programmed I was and some are about NJ laws.

We count is "Fast" if the police allow us to purchase a firearm with a turn around of several days or weeks.

The NJ purchase laws made some sense BEFORE NICS.  It was a way of vetting people.  With the implementation of NICS, the NJ laws are a barrier and serve no purpose.  I am sure at some point, NJ had laws about horse drawn carriages, but those are no longer needed, as technology has passed that means of conveyance.  NICS has surpassed the NJ FPID card and pistol permits.

Who is the guy in the blue shirt? He looks similar to darkmagik. I think that's his name.

Anyway, I hate to say it but a 30 minute video is not the way to spread attention.

That's why the "TEASER" was made to get the point across quickly! Most, as I did, will seek out the 30 minute version since our attention was grabbed by the teaser!

Carol Bowne was about five feet tall and 90 pounds! Had she lived in Orange, she would have been denied as well for being female, short by the Detectives standards and of normal weight for her build!!!

Result, she would have died there as well!!!  This is THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!!  This is discrimination plain and simple!!! I thought discrimination was illegal everywhere!!

This crap cannot be tolerated anymore!!!! 

some TV coverage

http://www.njtvonline.org/news/video/more-claims-by-second-amendment-society-in-denying-of-handgun-permits-by-police/

and Bill Spadea discussed the video this morning on NJ101.5. 

Mayor of Egg Harbor called for concealed carry publicly.

If Christie wants to become president, now is the time to hammer this. Everyone should be contacting the Orange PD and Mayor's office, as well as Christie to either condemn or condone the actions of the detective in the video.

I can smell the momentum building. It's time to win

Should send this video the the attorney general of the US and tell her you'd like to see an investigation into the Orange Police Dept for discrimination and violation of civil rights.

I have. But I'm sure they will blow me off like the last time I reported that crimes were being committed with the illegal gun buy backs. My wife read their letter then and said she thought that they told me to F Off in the nicest way possible.

If anyone was actually denied or turned away they should file a civil rights violation with the AG. I don't think I can since my rights weren't violated

The solution to that is easy. March 10 black women from that town holding their cell phones rolling and demanding both an FID application and concealed carry application and that they expect no more than the currently legislated 30 days

Post it all online. Let them get out of that one. Then you have a gender and racial problem on your hands

I have. But I'm sure they will blow me off like the last time I reported that crimes were being committed with the illegal gun buy backs. My wife read their letter then and said she thought that they told me to F Off in the nicest way possible.

If anyone was actually denied or turned away they should file a civil rights violation with the AG. I don't think I can since my rights weren't violated

Yeah, I hear Ya. My suggestion was almost a joke

i assume that was you that asked about concealed carry

christie claims can't do executive order

Luso,

Yes! It was jackandjill who got through and as you stated, Christie denied having the authority to change justifiable need by an executive order!!! At least the question got through and Christie's response

was a lie and a joke!!! We now know how he will respond to this most important question in the future!!! I am very disappointed but not surprised by his answer!!! Christie turned on his sprinkler system tonight, much as Sweeney did when we were on his sidewalk!  They are two peas in a pod!!! Both much more aligned in their anti 2A views than Christie would want to admit!!!!!! 

Luso,

Yes! It was jackandjill who got through and as you stated, Christie denied having the authority to change justifiable need by an executive order!!! At least the question got through and Christie's response

was a lie and a joke!!! We now know how he will respond to this most important question in the future!!! I am very disappointed but not surprised by his answer!!! Christie turned on his sprinkler system tonight, much as Sweeney did when we were on his sidewalk! They are two peas in a pod!!! Both much more aligned in their anti 2A views than Christie would want to admit!!!!!!

As was previously mentioned I believe spelling out exactly how he could define justifiable need and then asking why he won't do it would leave him less room to try to wiggle out of giving an answer.

As was previously mentioned I believe spelling out exactly how he could define justifiable need and then asking why he won't do it would leave him less room to try to wiggle out of giving an answer.

agreed! I still think he will lie his way out though!!

I know we been discussing this whole EO directing the AG to include self defense thing for like a year now, But has any "real" lawyers confirmed it rather than a bunch of people interpreting it as something he can actually do. I know the idea was brought up originally by a average person trying to find a way. What if he really can't do anything? I hope and wish he does something but i"m just curious about has a legal scholar actually reviewed this process? I just don't remember all the facts how this was confirmed.

^^^ 

If you look at Title 2C, Criminal Justice Code, law simply says "Justifiable Need", just as law simply says "forms as prescribed by Superintendent" for FPID, P2P etc.  Then its upto respective agency (AG Law and Public Safety) to "interpret" the law from 2C and provide detailed implementation semantics. And thats where they (purposely) messed it up. 

The only place "Justifiable Need" is detailed as strict "urgent necessity........"  is in NJAC... and lets look at what NJAC is and how anything comes up to be in NJAC....

In fact NJSP (part of AG Office) has been changing, extending NJAC portions as recent as few months ago. They go through this process all the time.  Technically, AG office dont even need an EO, but an EO "forces" them to look at the details around Justifiable Need and "correct" them as necessary.  

http://www.state.nj.us/education/code/process.htm

An administrative regulation or "code" as defined in the APA (NJSA 52:14B) means "each agency's statement of general applicability and continuing effect that implements or interprets law or policy, or describes the organization, procedure or practice requirements of any agency." The APA is implemented for all departments of state through Title IChapter 30.
Rulemaking can be initiated by:

• implementation of a statute, including new legislation;
  • a change in agency or governmental policy;
  • an executive order issued by the governor;
  • a court decision;
  • a rulemaking petition from an interested party;
  • an emergent danger or peril; and
  • a federal requirement.

nice work there J&J. But I agree it should be confirmed by a lawyer type if CC actually can do it, got to be more to it than a wave of his hand. Perhaps a open air discussion with legal eagles can help everyone understand. And who has the biggest voice-Gun For Hire radio! If someone here is close to Anthony maybe they can suggest a round table on air discussion? Of course the flip side to that is alerting the Trenton oppressors whats coming...regardless I think we need a legal interpretation of the process. If it so simple how come a resolution hasnt been attempted before, surely one of the many past/present 2A groups in NJ tried?or maybe there has and the challengers got sent to Siberia...