xXxplosive

It's time.................

I've been dumping on his presidential FB page each time a post goes up.  Here is my reply to his claim that a San Bernadino attack can happen anywhere in the US and that the president lives in a fantasy land:

But Governor Chris Christie, you live in just about the same fantasy land. You say this happened in California and it can happen in any town - well if that is the case why do you leave NJ residents as defenseless sheep? How about you instruct you AG to redefine "Justifiable Need" so that the sheep can actually get carry permits so that we can defend ourselves from terrorist. When a terrorist attack takes place in NJ the blood will be on your hands until you take action to fix our laws!

The modal opinion in these forums is that under no circumstances is anyone to deal with CC, at any level. We should not view videos or photographs of him, read his name spelled out in full, or even think of his name. We should instead wait for the second coming of Our Lord in the form of a veto-proof Republican majority in both houses and a pro-gun libertarian governor. 

Gotta get through the Legislative branch first, and Sweeney has vowed not on his watch.

I always wondered about this.. 

1. 2C-58-4 just mentions about "Justifiable Need" without elaborating specifics

http://law.onecle.com/new-jersey/2c-the-new-jersey-code-of-criminal-justice/58-4.html

2.  NJAC § 13:54-2.4 gets into specifics of "Justifiable Need".. including the notorious language around urgent necessity

http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/njac-title13-ch54.pdf

3. Apparently, each state agency writes their own "Administrative Code" with their interpretation of laws passed. There is an established process for such code elaboration / changes. However, that process doesnt need permissions from Legislature in any form. 

http://www.state.nj.us/education/code/process.htm

Did I miss anything ? Where does it say that NJSP (part of AG Office) needs Legislature permission or action to properly adjust definition of "Justifiable Need" ?

I always wondered about this.. 

1. 2C-58-4 just mentions about "Justifiable Need" without elaborating specifics

http://law.onecle.com/new-jersey/2c-the-new-jersey-code-of-criminal-justice/58-4.html

2.  NJAC § 13:54-2.4 gets into specifics of "Justifiable Need".. including the notorious language around urgent necessity

http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/njac-title13-ch54.pdf

3. Apparently, each state agency writes their own "Administrative Code" with their interpretation of laws passed. There is an established process for such code elaboration / changes. However, that process doesnt need permissions from Legislature in any form. 

http://www.state.nj.us/education/code/process.htm

Did I miss anything ? Where does it say that NJSP (part of AG Office) needs Legislature permission or action to properly adjust definition of "Justifiable Need" ?

They don't. Christie can do it himself by ordering the regulating authority to do it and put out a 90 day comment period. Or not even if he decides to steamroll it. And mentioning that he is serious. I've seen NJAC enforced awaiting comment period as "phase-in," id est "don't like it, take NJ to court." There are other ways to circumvent comment period as well.

Legislature can overturn a change to NJAC, but I think that is unlikely.

If it can be done in Chicago it can be done here........A candidate for the office of President Of The United States shouldn't leave the citizens of New Jersey defenseless. If he will not give us the ability to protect ourselves and our loved ones how can he be trusted to protect our country. The Time is NOW......Mr. Governor.

If it can be done in Chicago it can be done here........A candidate for the office of President Of The United States shouldn't leave the citizens of New Jersey defenseless. If he will not give us the ability to protect ourselves and our loved ones how can he be trusted to protect our country. The Time is NOW......Mr. Governor.

You are a little late to this party. Everything is in place and working. The statement, the time is now, has been and still is. Read up to get caught up in different threads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Better late than never............not trying to steal anyone's thunder here, sorry......just that the point is, this issue has to come to a head. It's finally past the talking stage and IMO is a more than justifiable need to keep us safe here in NJ......If the Govenor cannot bring himself to protect us here, what will he do if elected........

Screw that, put on all the pressure you can. You don't have to opt out because somebody says they are doing something.

Its not a matter of thunder or opting out. He's new and needs to get caught up.

How many chest banging threads we need?

Now go play nice over in the corner before I take away your silly putty. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not chest thumping at all.....not stealing anyone's thunder here.....just that the situation has changed here for most folks and the Governor has to address these issues and how they relate to NJ citizens......it's time to get tough....all that past stuff is history compared to current events.

Not chest thumping at all.....not stealing anyone's thunder here.....just that the situation has changed here for most folks and the Governor has to address these issues and how they relate to NJ citizens......it's time to get tough....all that past stuff is history compared to current events.

I understand. But when you say get tough, what will that be? I'm sure we've been doing it all already. You're saying now is the time to get tough. What's your ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VcSwejU2D0

From Bridgewater NJ PD in an e-mail....Well certainly not this...........fighting back with chairs and fire extinguishers....against armed assailents...pathetic.

This is exactly what I mean......the time is now to gather NJ citizens with some common sense politics aside......this is just wrong on so many levels.......IT'S TIME.

I understand. But when you say get tough, what will that be? I'm sure we've been doing it all already. You're saying now is the time to get tough. What's your ideas?

I gotta say it. Same response. "We are already doing it." You really, really seem to be discouraging people from taking action. It seems pretty condescending, although I am sure you don't mean it that way, it does. I would like to suggest a different approach, with no offense intended. Instead of seeming like you are tooting your own horn and being condescending (I know you actually are not), just give people links or info of what you are working on.

Not being condescending at all. Because he may be thinking of something we are doing and we can set him on the right path to join an already effort. In the mean time, stop answering for him. I'm sure he can handle himself.

Is it time to make an Emergent Application to SCOTUS to get "Justifiable Need" eliminated? The threat from radical Islam is real. The SAPPA case won't be heard for years. I know they don't want to hear about mag capacities and evil black guns, but they have ruled favorably on personal use of handguns in  the recent past. We may be missing a very good chance to get good results in short order.

Is it time to make an Emergent Application to SCOTUS to get "Justifiable Need" eliminated? The threat from radical Islam is real. The SAPPA case won't be heard for years. I know they don't want to hear about mag capacities and evil black guns, but they have ruled favorably on personal use of handguns in the recent past. We may be missing a very good chance to get good results in short order.

I think your right

I've been dumping on his presidential FB page each time a post goes up.  Here is my reply to his claim that a San Bernadino attack can happen anywhere in the US and that the president lives in a fantasy land:

But Governor Chris Christie, you live in just about the same fantasy land. You say this happened in California and it can happen in any town - well if that is the case why do you leave NJ residents as defenseless sheep? How about you instruct you AG to redefine "Justifiable Need" so that the sheep can actually get carry permits so that we can defend ourselves from terrorist. When a terrorist attack takes place in NJ the blood will be on your hands until you take action to fix our laws!

That would require him to believe what he's saying. CC is anti-2a. Always has been.

Not being condescending at all. Because he may be thinking of something we are doing and we can set him on the right path to join an already effort. In the mean time, stop answering for him. I'm sure he can handle himself.

I'm not answering for him, I'm addressing you. I thought I was being constructive. Now you are telling me to shut up a second time, too. That's 4 for 4.

Can I ask you for a favor?

I'm not answering for him, I'm addressing you. I thought I was being constructive. Now you are telling me to shut up a second time, too. That's 4 for 4.

Can I ask you for a favor?

Nope! And yea, wasn't before, but now I'm telling you to shut up. You are an antagonist. Was I ever talking to you in the beginning? I asked him, not you but you can't help yourself.

Fellas.........what's the issue here.......calm it.  Justifiable need is NOW.....our LE Departments through our country are publically telling us to. "Buy a gun, learn how to use it, train and carry it to protect yourself and your loved ones"....It's Time and he can't ignore this issue any longer. The situation in the country has changed from the old politic to harsh reality.....Justifiable Need is now.

IMO, the first thing Governor Christie needs to do is to direct our AG to enact all reciprosity agreements with other states so that residents of NJ with legal and valid out of state CCL's are able to carry here while making the necessary provisions to the already existing licensing program in place.....this needs to be done imediately as "Justifiable Need" is now.

Once Christie finally realizes where he stands in the polls maybe he will make a last ditch effort to gain ground by trying to show he's pro gun.   We know otherwise but the rest of the country doesn't.   

Gain ground for what? His nomination candidacy is history, old news now.

He's no doubt now preparing his upcoming slightly-left-of-center books and speaking engagements.

The time to challenge CC's bona fides, to force his hand on NJ gun law, was when he was still a potentially viable presidential candidate. You know, back when the NRA dissed him, when he would have had a hard time backing out and not acting on pro-2A statements, no matter how insincere they might have been. When he was still in the running.

That horse left the stable months ago. But we got our revenge didn't we? We sure showed him!

Actually all we did was screw ourselves with the NRA's able assistance.

I hope all you philosophic fundamentalists are well stocked with Crisco. You're going to need it in January, 2018. 

Perhaps concealed carry will be Christies parting gift, but the next governor can undo it all over again.

Picture a barrel full of water that each state owns. Pa's barrel is full, although people occasionally take a cup from it.

In NJ the barrel dried up decades ago and we have been pissing into it in a desperate attempt to fill it again.

When democrates take complete control of the state the bottom will fall out entirely. We better jump in and float to greener pastures while we can.

This might be a defeatest attitude but I am done continuously feeling unsafe and defensive of my hobby in NJ when I realize that I could of had rights somewhere else this entire time.

There is no shame in leaving, if you can.  But we all need to remember that things can change for worse on a dime, anywhere.  Nobody cares about women, children, black, white, young, old getting robbed, raped, killed by Criminals, yet all it took was one attempt on Politically Connected for the nation to get Brady Bill.