Sign in to follow this  
TXGunOwner

Hello from Central Texas.

Moved out of NJ in 2009 to PA. My first firearm purchase, a mini 14 from Walmart and then an SR9c from a local shop was interesting. Just walked in and then walked out Being born and raised in NJ in a home without firearms, there was a quick learning curve in terms of understanding firearm safety and gun culture.

After getting the SR9c, I walked in the local PA courthouse, gave them 20 dollars, and I had my carry license. Having lived in NJ for such a long time I really appreciate the freedoms I have experienced over the last 6 years. I really have no comment about NJ gun laws, it is what it is and ranting and raving about it from Texas isn't going to make any of your lives better.

Just posted a thread asking for advice regarding transferring a pistol to my father who lives in NJ and has never owned a firearm. 

I have been a member of PAFOA and TexasGunTalk and just wanted to say I appreciate the quick and friendly response. I appreciate you all being non-judgmental with my questions.

All the best.

Your father has to get a handgun purchase permit first. First step for him is go to his local police dept and start the long process. After eventually getting his permit you would have to send the gun to a NJ ffl that is willing to do a transfer to your father. Make sure the gun if its a semi auto doesnt have a magazine with the gun that has a  capacity greater  than 15 rounds. Good luck.