Sign in to follow this  
302w

CMP 1911s

Who else is looking to get one?

I'm not a member of the CMP or an affiliated club, but I'd like to join the Garand Owners assoc just to become eligible.

I'd like an average 1911. A good shooter. Although, I've heard from my dad that every one he shot 30 years ago was extremely worn.

IF they go up for sale, And I say BIG if. Through the mail order-good-luck. Must go and pick out in Alabama. Most will be worn out. Rare makers will go auction!

If you're looking for a shooter or something to build on you'd be better off getting a currently available commercial 1911. If you customize it it will lose value. The ones they will be selling are original GI guns. We will see what condition they are when released. They will be priced accordingly.

Supposedly it is now law and will happen. 10k a year for the next 10 years.

I want a ratty one for collector value. Not "value" but as a collectable. Something I can shoot a little and not worry about. I have granddads commercial Colt for serious shooting.

I dont think they will be ratty at all.  The reason we abandoned the the 1911 for the M9 was a political deal, not condition wise.  I know the armory at one of the bases I was at overseas had 1911's in the back room and they looked brand new.  Look at the M1's, there are some beautiful cherries in there, should be the same for the 1911's. 

• Like 1

I agree with Eric (usnmars), with the garands from CMP I have seen mostly shot out barely functional all the way to brand new looking fully correct with plenty of really nice collectable/shootable guns in between. I would expect the CMP 1911's will be the same.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/01/19/a-cmp-1911-update-from-cmp-chief-operating-officer-mark-johnson/

According to mark Johnson, prices will start @ 1K, and go up depending on maker and if correct. Quoted as 10% rack grade, 10% collector grade and the rest in between.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/01/19/a-cmp-1911-update-from-cmp-chief-operating-officer-mark-johnson/

According to mark Johnson, prices will start @ 1K, and go up depending on maker and if correct. Quoted as 10% rack grade, 10% collector grade and the rest in between.

I'd pay 1k.

Most forums have people saying "but you can buy a new 1911 at that price!". I don't care. It is my only decent chance at getting a real, unmolested USGI 1911 at an acceptable price.

That's IF the Army releases them.