weekend_junkie

Texas CHL course recommendations?

Wow...that's a hell of a difference in locations. For Houston, I would suggest http://newworldordnance.com/carry-class/

It's a small LGS and he also owns Texas Gun Forums. Army veteran and all around good guy. And he only charges $49 for the class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow...that's a hell of a difference in locations. For Houston, I would suggest http://newworldordnance.com/carry-class/

It's a small LGS and he also owns Texas Gun Forums. Army veteran and all around good guy. And he only charges $49 for the class.

is that Domineaux?

No...its Ryan at New World Ordnance. Domineaux and Shipwreck share the admin duties and Ryan owns the site.

Ryan doesn't post much on the forums anymore but when he does, he's Rusty Shackelford.

Nah, I hear it's just a short trip for a true Texan

It's just over 8 hours without stopping so figure 9-10 with fuel/food/bathroom stops...that's a long drive by almost anyone's standard (except maybe long haul truckers)

This signature is AWESOME!!!

This is the guy I used for my Texas CHLhttp://www.bigthunderfirearms.com/Recommend by a fellow forum member and I definitely recommend him.

Amazingly, it all worked out. Here's how I went about it:

I did the course in Houston and met with Jason (http://www.bigthunderfirearms.com/) on Monday night. We met at a range he chose and took care of the qualifying first. He even snuck a little bit of coaching in there and got me punching the same hole by the end of it. The course was a 1-on-1 discussion over dinner. He really took his time on the concept of force v deadly force before moving onto rights and made sure I understood my rights and how they factor into various scenarios. I certainly recommend him, both for his knowledge and enthusiasm on the topic.

Fingerprints in Houston were impossible, but I was traveling to Midland the next day. I found a chiropractor right in Midland that had a completely open schedule and the whole process was easy as pie. 10 minutes and 10 dollars later, I was on my way.

Now I'm home and just need a passport photo before I mail it all to TX DPS.

Amazingly, it all worked out. Here's how I went about it:

I did the course in Houston and met with Jason (http://www.bigthunderfirearms.com/) on Monday night. We met at a range he chose and took care of the qualifying first. He even snuck a little bit of coaching in there and got me punching the same hole by the end of it. The course was a 1-on-1 discussion over dinner. He really took his time on the concept of force v deadly force before moving onto rights and made sure I understood my rights and how they factor into various scenarios. I certainly recommend him, both for his knowledge and enthusiasm on the topic.

Fingerprints in Houston were impossible, but I was traveling to Midland the next day. I found a chiropractor right in Midland that had a completely open schedule and the whole process was easy as pie. 10 minutes and 10 dollars later, I was on my way.

Now I'm home and just need a passport photo before I mail it all to TX DPS.

Good to hear it all worked out for you! Time to start shopping for holsters!

Chiropractors do prints in Midland? That's a broad range of services Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It worked, so I wasn't asking questions!

I did tell people what it's like here in NJ, and how they should support the effort to change it before it spreads west. However, I don't think TX is too worried...

So what's the deal with fingerprints? Must be done in TX? I'm trying to figure out how I can fly into Houston, get this done and fly back all during the same weekend.

It's definitely doable. I did mine in a 3 day trip. I believe the prints have to be in tx.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's definitely doable. I did mine in a 3 day trip. I believe the prints have to be in tx.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fingerprints and the course need to be done in TX. Fingerprint scheduling gets busy in the bigger cities, so make sure you plan at least a few weeks in advance so you can make it all happen within the same day. You can mail in the paperwork once you're home, or you can submit online if you have a high quality color scanner (mainly for the ID photo).