Sign in to follow this  
Serious

NRA pistol safety course for FL non resident ccw?

Can anyone please help me figure out what I have to do to get the FL ccw non resident permit. I see lockandload Academy offers Utah ccw and fl packet but there is no stress test. Is there an entity who offers the complete fl course with the stress test in one shot? From my understanding if you take the lock and load course you still need to take the pistol course. Also would I be certified by an NRA instructor In pistol proficiency?

Can anyone please help me figure out what I have to do to get the FL ccw non resident permit. I see lockandload Academy offers Utah ccw and fl packet but there is no stress test. Is there an entity who offers the complete fl course with the stress test in one shot? From my understanding if you take the lock and load course you still need to take the pistol course. Also would I be certified by an NRA instructor I'm pistol proficiency?

I took this course - Multi State Concealed Carry Class - Shooters on Target held at the Quinton Sportsmen's club in Salem.  They cover UT, FL, AZ, and VA, all in one class. It includes lecture, application completion, finger printing, Notary service and, in the case of Florida, the "live fire" portion (BYOG and ammo).  They take the photos required, etc. etc. They do everything except mail in the applications. You do that, with the appropriate app. fees attached.

The price of the course varies based on the number of states to which you want to apply. Some states are more expensive than others.  You don't have to take the course for all four.  The lecture is based on UT standards but does apply to all the other states. If you want FL, you also have to do the live fire portion.

Watch the site for the next offering. They do this class at least once a quarter.

AFAIK, all you need for Florida is to take an NRA Basic Pistol Course. It includes "live fire" and you get a nice little certificate. Then fingerprints, passport photo, etc, etc. I have the paperwork to apply somewhere, I just never got around to filling it out and sending it in.

I would do the NRA basic pistol it will meet requirement for FL, AZ and CT. Which is a nice combination to have. The UT CCW is no longer the goto Non-resident CCW to get since it does not cover your in PA any more although it is cheap.

FL is a good value especially since it is good for 7 years.

AZ is worth while since it covers you for those Las Vegas weekends in NV

CT is close enough to take advantage of regularly.

I would do the NRA basic pistol it will meet requirement for FL, AZ and CT. Which is a nice combination to have. The UT CCW is no longer the goto Non-resident CCW to get since it does not cover your in PA any more although it is cheap.

FL is a good value especially since it is good for 7 years.

AZ is worth while since it covers you for those Las Vegas weekends in NV

CT is close enough to take advantage of regularly.

Might want to check on that before carrying in Vegas. Last I was told, you can't just carry in Vegas. IIRC, you need to go to the city PD first and get approval or something. 

Not sure as I never looked into it since Nevada had dropped AZ back when I was there.

I did this one http://concealedcarryusa.us they had the class in the hotel in Vineland near Lowe's. I forget how much it was, got it pretty quick. I may take a ride up to gun for hire to get the Florida. I'll look into the Florida at Quinton too. 

Class went well! 175$ for NRA safety course plus the non-resident fl ccw app. The instructors were great! We shot 4 pistols and had an absolute blast. What was also nice was it was their own private shooting range! Really a great class and highly recommended.

Instructor name is Guy from ladylibertyllc out of Atlantic city. We did the class and shoot in Buena.

I went to Florida and took my course at the Florida Gun Academy.  Cost was $39.00 .   Took the certificate over to the state run office of Agriculture, they processed everything  and sent it off to Tallahassee , got my permit in 4 weeks.   No hassle ,and people there are great.  They even  thanked me for my business.   !!!