Serious

National reciprocity?

It would pass in the House, possibly in the Senate, and fail at the oval office. This is the most seated Republic led house since 1949, and Republican led Senate since 2007 and still they are on the defense with this POTUS. Sad, very sad.

IMO, it will take more catastrophic events here to get the CCL point across........Unfortunately.

I dread the thought, but unfortunately I fear with all the hype from MSM, some fringe elements believe their time is approaching.  Only a "good guy"  scenario would help move this along, otherwise I can see the opposite, more federal regulation, banning, and dead sheeple.

If anyone had any interest it could be easily done.  The SCOTUS won't hear because they would have to approve it under the same logic that they approved gay marriage.  Technically both are trampling on state sovereignty but why is it ok for the federal government to say you have to support gay marriage but the not the second amendment.  Actually there is stronger case for reciprocity than gay marriage.  The constitution doesn't discuss marriage, so what exactly was the court doing?  However, the 2a is a constitutional discussion, thus it will never be heard because these liberals would have to pass it and it won't happen.  Unfortunately this new crew of fresh liberal justices are young enough that they'll control the court for the rest of a lot of our lives.  

Anyone know anything about national reciprocity? LGS employee is making it out like it's gonna happen soon. I just can't imagine it will while obummer is in office.

https://www.congress.gov/search?q=%7B%22congress%22%3A%22114%22%2C%22source%22%3A%22legislation%22%2C%22search%22%3A%22S498%22%7D

Although I thought I read recently this was shot down by a narrow margin. I can't find any info.

https://www.congress.gov/search?q=%7B%22congress%22%3A%22114%22%2C%22source%22%3A%22legislation%22%2C%22search%22%3A%22S498%22%7D

Although I thought I read recently this was shot down by a narrow margin. I can't find any info.

Well that just means Harry Reid has held it up from voting on it.  Damn, I hate that rule where he gets to pick and choose what they vote on.  Same in NJ for Sweeney.  Bills should be voted on, period.

I've read that there's a decent chance of the president signing such a law if it included one or two concessions. It could be packaged as a common sense justice issue: Shaneen Allen, etc.

What might the concession be? Obama's legacy is already tarnished as a result of Obamacare and how he and our next president screwed up the middle east. 

Hmmm, maybe universal background checks? A mostly unnecessary idea, and difficult to implement unless there was some way to do it online, privately, for $8. Enforcement would also be problematic if not impossible. Without actual registration it's impossible to tell where or how someone got a gun.

Hmmmm again...I see a good topic for a new thread. One that is sure to get me flamed.

It'll happen after President Trump is inaugurated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly...or Ted Cruz. I don't see any other candidate supporting national reciprocity. Plus Obama will never agree to it, even if it passes both houses.

Imho, if it made it, prob won't make a difference. NJ can just say they don't recognize any other state like they do now with other things. Unless you have a NJ ccw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not saying this is a good idea but.. Marijuana has been illegal for years and so many people are locked up because of possession or distribution. Now Marijuana is prescribed in NJ and possibly legal in the near future. Wouldn't it work the same way with firearms? Not saying we should all illegally carry but there has to be a point where they realize that they lost and end up making it legal right? I know it's far fetched.. I don't recall so many stories of people from PA coming to nj carrying and doing time until a few years ago. Idk

Imho, if it made it, prob won't make a difference. NJ can just say they don't recognize any other state like they do now with other things. Unless you have a NJ ccw.

And nj2as is battling that now.

Look, I was born in Idaho, lived everywhere. NJ is still part of the United States.

Nj is the most corrupt state I have resided in. That should anger you, my friends

And nj2as is battling that now.

Look, I was born in Idaho, lived everywhere. NJ is still part of the United States.

Nj is the most corrupt state I have resided in. That should anger you, my friends

I agree. Been here all my life and know where the real bodies are buried. Wish them all the luck but it's hard to fight corruption.

I agree. Been here all my life and know where the real bodies are buried. Wish them all the luck but it's hard to fight corruption.

Bad things happen when good people quit.

Let put this easier, your house will go to shit if you don't maintain it. Mow da lawn, paint, etc

Bad things happen when good people quit.

Let put this easier, your house will go to shit if you don't maintain it. Mow da lawn, paint, etc

What the Frack are you talking about? Who the fook said I was giving up? Put this easier....bahahaha.... Think you are talking to some kid? Get real bro...

I don't see it making any difference.  We have a constitution that says everyone can own and carry firearms.  We have SCOTUS decisions that say everyone can own and carry any firearms that are in common use.  What would one more federal law in our favor do?  NJ would ignore it and the courts would continue to uphold violations of the law.

I don't see it making any difference.  We have a constitution that says everyone can own and carry firearms.  We have SCOTUS decisions that say everyone can own and carry any firearms that are in common use.  What would one more federal law in our favor do?  NJ would ignore it and the courts would continue to uphold violations of the law.

At least you have a plan to get out! Good for you!

Not saying this is a good idea but.. Marijuana has been illegal for years and so many people are locked up because of possession or distribution. Now Marijuana is prescribed in NJ and possibly legal in the near future. Wouldn't it work the same way with firearms? Not saying we should all illegally carry but there has to be a point where they realize that they lost and end up making it legal right? I know it's far fetched.. I don't recall so many stories of people from PA coming to nj carrying and doing time until a few years ago. Idk

NJ legislature and court system would rather lock up a law abiding citizen on a firearm technicality or grey area, than prosecute a drug dealer with a gun hanging out of his pants that are half way between his hips and his knees....... Your example above is flawed in that liberal think pot is ok.... so it be said, so it be written. Guns are bad, so it be said so it be written. You must understand that everything liberals like is the way it should be. What they don't, like is bad and scary.

I guess the question is how can we get liberals on the firearm bandwagon? Clearly there has to be some liberals who don't think guns are bad. Just like there are some Republicans that think pot is ok. How can we get the libs to start siding with us on guns?

I guess the question is how can we get liberals on the firearm bandwagon? Clearly there has to be some liberals who don't think guns are bad. Just like there are some Republicans that think pot is ok. How can we get the libs to start siding with us on guns?

You Can't!!!!  We need to vote them out of office!!!!  Easier said than done however due to the demographics of the PRNJ!!! We have lots of urban areas heavily populated with

people living on welfare and they always vote Democrat since they were brought up to think all Republicans are devils who only care for the rich and want to take their SH!T AWAY!!!!

Sad fact is in all the past attempts of national reciprocity its been written in non-resident ccw from another state = no go in your home state = NJ residence are still screwed

That wouldn't last. Once you have 100,000 people from all over the country carrying guns in Jersey the whole thing would fall apart.