Serious

National reciprocity?

I've read that there's a decent chance of the president signing such a law if it included one or two concessions. It could be packaged as a common sense justice issue: Shaneen Allen, etc.

What might the concession be? Obama's legacy is already tarnished as a result of Obamacare and how he and our next president screwed up the middle east. 

Hmmm, maybe universal background checks? A mostly unnecessary idea, and difficult to implement unless there was some way to do it online, privately, for $8. Enforcement would also be problematic if not impossible. Without actual registration it's impossible to tell where or how someone got a gun.

Hmmmm again...I see a good topic for a new thread. One that is sure to get me flamed.

I tend to agree with this, Obama has tossed a few bones our way, especially when it comes to CCW. He signed bills that gave us carry in National Parks and on Amtrak, and just recently allowed the CMP to sell 1911s. I also agree that there might be strings attached, but we can cross that bridge when (if) we come to it.

Sad fact is in all the past attempts of national reciprocity its been written in non-resident ccw from another state = no go in your home state = NJ residence are still screwed

Also true, National reciprocity would make non-resident permits obsolete. Without a major change, NJ residents would be just about the only people who couldn't carry in NJ.

You Can't!!!!  We need to vote them out of office!!!!  Easier said than done however due to the demographics of the PRNJ!!! We have lots of urban areas heavily populated with

people living on welfare and they always vote Democrat since they were brought up to think all Republicans are devils who only care for the rich and want to take their SH!T AWAY!!!!

LOL, I always get a kick when I see this sort of BS, You really need to check your facts. Go find a list of the most affluent states and check what color they are, then find a list of the poorest states and check the color. You could even find lists of the states with the largest percentage of residents on some sort of assistance or the highest poverty levels and check how they vote. Your ideas were half-truths, at best, a hundred years ago. Look up the demographics and you'll find that states with more affluence are blue, higher education tends to go blue too. NJ will never be red, there just aren't enough trailer parks. 

OTOH, there are about 20 blue states with better gun laws than ours. Constitutional carry started in a blue state. You want better gun laws? Stop worrying about red or blue and just vote on the issues. Assuming "red=pro-2A" is what got us Christie, and he's no better than the worst of the dems,

Brewie I was liking you for a few minutes there but "no better than the worst of the dems" reminds me of Donald Trump being compared with Hitler. A bit of a stretch don't you think? Were Christie no better than the worst of the dems there'd be a dozen more laws on the books. 

If you don't believe me wait until January 2018, after which you and every other Christie absolutist in these forums will rush out to buy a little statue of the former governor, and have a candle lit before it 24/7.

Sad fact is in all the past attempts of national reciprocity its been written in non-resident ccw from another state = no go in your home state = NJ residence are still screwed

I can't imagine a better 14th amendment case than allowing out of state residents to carry in NJ and denying it to residents. This is why they refuse to establish reciprocity agreements now. NJ could and probably would fight national reciprocity, but it would lose.

Brewie I was liking you for a few minutes there but "no better than the worst of the dems" reminds me of Donald Trump being compared with Hitler. A bit of a stretch don't you think? Were Christie no better than the worst of the dems there'd be a dozen more laws on the books.

If you don't believe me wait until January 2018, after which you and every other Christie absolutist in these forums will rush out to buy a little statue of the former governor, and have a candle lit before it 24/7.

I really don't understand why some people respond to disappointment by ignoring reality to their own detriment. It seems related to sour grapes but I don't think there is an actually term for it.

Then again, maybe he voted for Obama like a lot of people here, and he tells himself that so he can continue his behavior without accepting responsibility for the consequences. I think there is some of that, too.

I really don't understand why some people respond to disappointment by ignoring reality to their own detriment. It seems related to sour grapes but I don't think there is an actually term for it.

Then again, maybe he voted for Obama like a lot of people here, and he tells himself that so he can continue his behavior without accepting responsibility for the consequences. I think there is some of that, too.

I think it's a function of despair, which is in no short supply among NJ residents whether their issue is guns or immigration or taxes or anything else. 

There probably is a term for it. There's a term for everything :) 

Depression is feeling sad even when a lot of things are good; anxiety is being fearful when everything's cool. Equating Christie to Weinberg, not wanting to put his feet to the fire when he's all we had, is despair, the equivalent of just giving up, which can also be pathological. 

Human nature.

Never say never.

So many have forgotten " quitters never win"

Maybe they didn't teach that in jersey?

Even if it passed on a federal level NJ would just ignore it like some municipalities ignore the 30 day law now.

Then you fight and sue and expose.

Like strike force in the past, and what members of nj 2as are doing now

Litigation requires large amounts of cash. Something most people don't have. Add in that the individual will be arrested, firearm confiscated perhaps employment terminated even if they win eventually they still lose.

Just look at the attitude of Fulop in JC. They lost the court case and still issue extra forms in defiance of the judges order and what penalty did JC pay?

Litigation requires large amounts of cash. Something most people don't have. Add in that the individual will be arrested, firearm confiscated perhaps employment terminated even if they win eventually they still lose.

Just look at the attitude of Fulop in JC. They lost the court case and still issue extra forms in defiance of the judges order and what penalty did JC pay?

The future arrested part you lost me on. Given, this is all hypothetical.

Litigation requires large amounts of cash. Something most people don't have.

u

Agreed, but that's how the game works.

I read all the pages of the commission report.

One thing stood out, law suits.....

I'm gonna apply to be denied, maybe I'll be involved with a class action

Jus need to get my ducks in a row.

What testing is done for security guards? And where.

They can deny my need for self defense,( lawsuit) but not that I have met firearms proficiency ( once I take that test/ class)

Individuals have a right to choose life before death and this right can not be unduly interfered with by the state.

Paraphrase from:

"...stated that women had a right to choose abortion before viability and that this right could not be unduly interfered with by the state."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade

This is NOT an abortion thread.

Back to banging my head on the wall now...

Even if it passed on a federal level NJ would just ignore it like some municipalities ignore the 30 day law now.

Or, more likely, NJ, under a probable Democratic governor, would become a "no issue" state. If you don't allow CC, then the reciprocity law would not apply. I imagine the other anti gun blue states would also follow suit. 

Or, more likely, NJ, under a probable Democratic governor, would become a "no issue" state. If you don't allow CC, then the reciprocity law would not apply. I imagine the other anti gun blue states would also follow suit.

This is exactly what will happen.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

This is exactly what will happen. Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

But it was already ruled in a Federal Appeals Court for IL that they had to have some form of carry.

annnd that right there is the rub. how do we do that?

Yup, that will always be the problem. Until a majority of people think it's a good idea. Of course in a state where people vote themselves tax increase after tax increase, knowing full well that that money only goes to increasing the corruption that led to the need for more money to begin with, no change will take place until they have all been sucked dry by the system, and the entire house of card collapses. I guess the best bet is to just give up, and bail out. In a couple years a demorat will be in the governors mansion and the party for the left will go back into full swing. Maybe the state will get lucky and find another Florio, or McGreevey, or better yet they could reelect Corzine.

Yup, that will always be the problem. Until a majority of people think it's a good idea. Of course in a state where people vote themselves tax increase after tax increase, knowing full well that that money only goes to increasing the corruption that led to the need for more money to begin with, no change will take place until they have all been sucked dry by the system, and the entire house of card collapses. I guess the best bet is to just give up, and bail out. In a couple years a demorat will be in the governors mansion and the party for the left will go back into full swing. Maybe the state will get lucky and find another Florio, or McGreevey, or better yet they could reelect Corzine.

Quitters never win.

Shit jus follows you

Quitters never win.

Shit jus follows you

Maybe, or maybe knowing when it's time to throw in the towel. I'm a 2 issue voter. 2A, and economy. I can see the next election going dem all the way. With the senate/assembly already nearly veto proof, and the office of governor likely going to the dems, spending also has the potential of skyrocketing. This means more, and higher taxes, more giveaways to keep them in power, and so on. If you think $2m a mile for road construction and repair is a lot, just wait and see. That report should have had the vast majority of voters in the state in Trenton, with torches and pitchforks. I would be willing to bet that fully 60% of that cost goes to fund corruption. That is only one area of the spending in the state, there are so many other areas of overspending that I'm afraid to guess how much is being stolen from us every day. I have enough in bad investments here. enough is enough

Maybe, or maybe knowing when it's time to throw in the towel. I'm a 2 issue voter. 2A, and economy. I can see the next election going dem all the way. With the senate/assembly already nearly veto proof, and the office of governor likely going to the dems, spending also has the potential of skyrocketing. This means more, and higher taxes, more giveaways to keep them in power, and so on. If you think $2m a mile for road construction and repair is a lot, just wait and see. That report should have had the vast majority of voters in the state in Trenton, with torches and pitchforks. I would be willing to bet that fully 60% of that cost goes to fund corruption. That is only one area of the spending in the state, there are so many other areas of overspending that I'm afraid to guess how much is being stolen from us every day. I have enough in bad investments here. enough is enough

It's there own caliphate.