Zeke

Mowen da lawn

8 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Either a belt.. or belt tension issue

That sounds kinda personal...  :)

Actually, you reminded me, I have to check mine. It was still creeping forward after the drive lever was released last season.

Just bought some more garden soil and built a large raised bed.... 1 of many.

Later today or this week have to remove the snow blower and throw the mower deck back on the tractor and either replace 2 front tires or put tubes in them. 

• Like 1

Putting down Sta-Green Crab Ex Plus today.  $45 for a 45 pound bad (13k square feet) at Lowes.  Will be doing my lawn and neighbor's back yard.  They don't treat so I do their back yard and keep it from creeping into my backyard.  

https://www.lowes.com/pd/sta-green-45-lb-crabgrass-control/1000140081?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-lwn-_-google-_-lia-_-107-_-fertilizer-_-1000140081-_-0&kpid&store_code=692&k_clickID=go_625853898_34614672910_111134451790_aud-433079077172:pla-118431011584_c_9004004&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyZ7TpYvQ4QIVWoGzCh0xWgkKEAQYASABEgJZrfD_BwE

42 minutes ago, Zeke said:

My weed eater is a different story.

Easy peasey. 

No screwing with 2 cycle, no gummed up carbs, no spilled gasoline, no difficult cold starts.  I bought one of these last year, going to expand it this year with a 4Ah battery pack and a hedge trimmer.  They are just as strong as gas powered.  I prefer this for home over the 2 cycle gas powered equipment I use at work.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-58-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-String-Trimmer-2-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-Included-CDST-58V2AH/303172889

echo-cordless-string-trimmers-cdst-58v2a

1 minute ago, Scorpio64 said:

Easy peasey. 

No screwing with 2 cycle, no gummed up carbs, no spilled gasoline, no difficult cold starts.  I bought one of these last year, going to expand it this year with a 4Ah battery pack and a hedge trimmer.  They are just as strong as gas powered.  I prefer this for home over the 2 cycle gas powered equipment I use at work.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-58-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-String-Trimmer-2-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-Included-CDST-58V2AH/303172889

I need one that takes all my attachments. I’m looking at( I cringe to say it) the ryobi plug in one. It’s $70 and takes my craftsman stuff my husqy took( which is n pieces because of the plug wire)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Easy peasey. 

I like electric but that only works if you have less than 1/3 acre... 

Have an electric blower can only make it down the drive way. 

34 minutes ago, Maksim said:

I like electric but that only works if you have less than 1/3 acre... 

There is a high and low setting on the Echo trimmer.  I used it at work on four 1/2 acre(ish) lawns on the low setting with the 2Ah battery.  90% of string trimming does not need to be done at full throttle.  If you need more electrons, then there's the 4Ah battery option.

Battery power is not up to the job for blowers yet, but, string trimmers, pole saws, hedge clippers, they are the cat's ass.

6 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

There is a high and low setting on the Echo trimmer.  I used it at work on four 1/2 acre(ish) lawns on the low setting with the 2Ah battery.  90% of string trimming does not need to be done at full throttle.  If you need more electrons, then there's the 4Ah battery option.

Battery power is not up to the job for blowers yet, but, string trimmers, pole saws, hedge clippers, they are the cat's ass.

For pole saws and hedge totally agree. 

Biught a string trimmer last year and it just kept dying.  Ended up getting a gas powered stihl.... “Moar Power!”

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

I used it at work on four 1/2 acre(ish) lawns on the low setting with the 2Ah battery.  90% of string trimming does not need to be done at full throttle.  If you need more electrons, then there's the 4Ah battery option.

I have both with the string trimmers, a Ryobi 18v 4ah and a Homelight gas. Depending on what I'm hacking through, I'll grab the particular one. For normal grass and edging, the electric is fine, for heavier weeds, I use the gas. Electric usually is what I use, and the 4ah batteries last a few trimmings before recharge. Plus, I share the 18v batteries with a few other tools, which makes them more universal.

For blowers, I always use gas, one, because it's a pain to drag a cord all over the yard, and two, battery versions don't push enough air.

home depot has had an Ego lawn mower (LM2102SP) on sale for $299 a couple times now, with 7.5Ah battery and charger, for $299 and free shipping.  Only 2 stores in california, and the deal keeps getting popped rather quickly.  At that price I'm jumping to electric.  In fact, Ego should take note and think about trying a possible "loss leader" on that mower for example, as I'd pretty quickly buy a bunch of their other stuff.

24 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Well the weed and feed definitely got watered in last night.

The ideal time to apply granular weed killer (or weed & feed) is when the lawn is wet, but will be dry for a couple days after application.  The wetness helps the granules stick to the weeds, dissolve and get absorbed.  If you apply weed killer, and then it rains immediately after, well, it's not going to work as good.  It is not absorbed by the roots.

Fertilizer does not matter as it does gets absorbed by the roots, but you don't want to apply it before a heavy rain because it may wash away.

Scorpio, you are thinking of midseason applications.

For spring the crabgrass pre-emergent needs to be watered in to form the protective barrier to prevent crabgrass from coming up.

In late spring, summer and fall you are correct.  You want the weed killer to stick to the weeds.

This early in the season there are few broad leaf weeds.  Few dandelions here and there that I'll pull individually.

• Informative 1

2 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

Well the weed and feed definitely got watered in last night.

Just hope it wasn't too much rain.  It poured for a while there! 

I woke up  about 2:30  to torrential down poring and lighting and thunder

• Agree 1