Zeke

Mowen da lawn

Screw fertilizing my lawn. I want my lawn to grow as slow as possible. The only thing good about mowing my lawn is the cup holder for a beer on my mower. Next house is going to be in the woods with a very small yard. Mowing 3 acres every week sucks!

• Like 1

Screw fertilizing my lawn. I want my lawn to grow as slow as possible. The only thing good about mowing my lawn is the cup holder for a beer on my mower. Next house is going to be in the woods with a very small yard. Mowing 3 acres every week sucks!

An acquaintance of mine with a large lawn would make a sort of maze. He felt as you. Looked cool.

He is a limey

Actually for Halts you are good. Maybe even little early. It's recommended ground be 50 degress. I put mine down this past Saturday.

Weeds are starting to pop up as well. Need to jump on them before they take over!

Following the Scott's app.

What are you using for weeds in addition? I have a sprayer.

How long you think for over seed? 6 weeks?

Krdshrk, will they be putting down sod or planting seed? If planting seed make sure they don't use contractor grass seed. It's mostly an annual rye. Comes in quick but doesn't come back following year.

Good luck with the new house and new lawn!

I don't know - will find out.

Following the Scott's app.

What are you using for weeds in addition? I have a sprayer.

How long you think for over seed? 6 weeks?

I use concentrated Weed B Gone. In lawn later in season. The one you hook to hose and spray. I also mow on higher setting. Helps to choke out the weeds. Also make sure blade is sharp. Just bought a new one.

The weeds in flower, vegetable garden and mulched areas I hand pick.

Over seeding is generally done in fall. I think I've read 6-8 weeks after applying Halts is recommended. I may over seed mid / end May depending on how laen looks at that time.

This year I'm going to spend some time on lawn. I slacked off past 2-3 years. I missed putting down Halts last year and it showed in summer. Crabgrass was aweful!

Between the rain and Scotts Step 1 I applied last Saturday my lawn is already a darker shade of green.

Purchased new mower this year. since my front yard is not very big grass section ( 50x35 ) i purchased a battery powered lawn mower. I did research it for about two weeks before hand.  Finally decided this was the way i wanted to go no more fuel worries or winterizing etc.

mowed my lawn last week battery was still 4 bars when i was done, grass catcher worked very well.Blew it off with air hose and stoed it away in my shed which is also my reloading room now. I also did quick review on home depot.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-Ryobi-20-in-40-Volt-Brushless-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Battery-Push-Mower-with-5-0-Ah-Battery-RY40180/206481611

35 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Looks dumb, but wear a dust mask. I swear I'd be dead otherwise. Grass pollen has been wicked by me this spring.

I take  a nasal as needed( it's needed) did the shots younger. Nasal is working. 

Have you tried local honey?

55 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Between the Step 1 and the rain we've  had my lawn is looking pretty nice.  Have some bare batches to fill in.  Need to wait a few more weeks though.  Believe it's recommended to wait 6-8 weeks before seeding after applying to Step 1.

Do you have the Scott's app?

Last Saturday I mowed half an inch lower than normal at 2.5 inches.  I Accidently purchased a pag of patching instead of straight grass seed (has seed, fertilizer and something to hold in moisture) but was okay b/c have some very large bare spots that needed patching.  Went back following day and purchased large bag of just seed and overseeded.

Saw some tiny blades earlier today (one week later).  It's raining now and suppossed to rain tomorrow as well.  Hopefully  the patching and overseeding comes in nicely over next few weeks.

After it comes in and I've moved a few times I'll hit the lawn with the Step 2.  Also need to but down some GrubEx soon as well.

Some areas where I patched taking very well.  One large area is doing absolutely nothing.  It's in direct sunlight and I didn't keep moist enough.  I'll be reseeding that area soon.

Put down Vigoro Weed and Feed a little while ago.  There was a quick shower which wet the lawn.  The weeds need to be wet before you apply so the granules stick to them.  Hopefully it's done raining for the day.  Lawn should green up in by end of week and hopefully kill some of the weeds that sprouted up.

• Like 1