mipafox

Trusts and Corps Finally About to Fall for NFA

What really sucks is that it looks like it does away with the E-file. There's also a section that reads something like "if the trust files once with all the fingerprint and picture stuff, you don't have to submit that stuff again as long as you purchase something else in a 2 year period." So in theory it doesn't sound all that bad, especially if you can use the E-file for your subsequent purchases in that 2 year window.

Yeah sounds OK.. do you know what date this actually takes effect? I know it was a 180 day timeframe, just not sure when the clock started.

Thanks,

Carl

Forget the exact date, but it's Jul, 13th I think.

From what I read, the changes to 41P drop the CLEO sign-off for individuals as well.

Forget the exact date, but it's Jul, 13th I think.

From what I read, the changes to 41P drop the CLEO sign-off for individuals as well.

That's good as it's a dumb process.  

Instead, anyone on the trust had to send a form to their local sheriff. I wonder how they are going to react in jersey when they start seeing these papers pop up around here

I'd like to have the security footage of that reaction.  

I'd like to have the security footage of that reaction.

You ever get printed for a nonresident CCW permit? The officer in the cop shop I went to thought I was applying for an out of state LEO gig at first. You should have seen the look on his face when I mentioned nonresident CCW. I wish I had a video camera at the time. It was precious.

You ever get printed for a nonresident CCW permit? The officer in the cop shop I went to thought I was applying for an out of state LEO gig at first. You should have seen the look on his face when I mentioned nonresident CCW. I wish I had a video camera at the time. It was precious.

I'm sure it was great.