Lalo

MEET AT THE RANGE!

Missed you guys at Clinton by a little bit, but ended up staying at EFGA for a few hours and the range was practically empty. Going back to EFGA this Sunday (Easter) to sight in a new scope.

Leaving for the CR 100 yard to sight in my RPR 6.8

Black tshirt, part bear, high and tight hair.

Nice temps, sunny, virtually no wind.

Ciao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leaving for the CR 100 yard to sight in my RPR 6.8

Black tshirt, part bear, high and tight hair.

Nice temps, sunny, virtually no wind.

Ciao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I missed this.  I was up there Wednesday, but  a little later, around 12:30.  It was a gorgeous day!

• Like 1

Sorry I missed this. I was up there Wednesday, but a little later, around 12:30. It was a gorgeous day!

When I got there, there was 2 people shooting. Me and the another guy had it to ourselves afterwards. Then couple hours later another came. Can't believe it was that empty.

Day was perfect and calm winds made a great day to sight in.

Heading out to EFGA tomorrow with another forum member.  I'll be in a tan/gold Pontiac Grand Prix.  Prob wearing a long sleeve black shirt with skulls on front. Hopefully weather stays good until later in afternoon  Prob be there around 10-10:30.  Stopping off at Sarco's first.

Say hello if you're there around same time.

On 5/17/2016 at 3:46 PM, CageFighter said:

with the warmer weather approaching, we need to set up a big meet!

On 3/7/2016 at 11:15 AM, Old Glock guy said:

I'm planning to be up at Cherry Ridge this Wednesday, 3/9 by around 12:30-1:00.  It's supposed to be a beautiful day. 

Anyone else going to be there?

On 12/29/2015 at 5:12 PM, CageFighter said:

can we pick a specific day for a meet?  last one Ive been to was @ Range14 & it was a hell of a good time.....big turnout!

Over the past year, I have attended two “shotgun shoot outs” with other NJGF members and have enjoyed meeting and chatting with a number of members, putting faces to screen names, and realizing that in the flesh, we all are more compatible and agreeable than we are when we are just typing our thoughts online.  Is there any interest in possibly seeing who might want to meet at one of the various indoor or outdoor ranges where those who are interested could meet each other, try shooting our various handguns, rifles and/or shotguns?  I appreciate the sane fun and camaraderie that these types of get-togethers' foster.  Cherry Ridge is one obvious option and I am sure there are others around NJ that would also be a possibility.  Just curious…  If anyone is interested, maybe one of our moderators, @Mrs. Peel, could start a new thread about it…..

AVB-AMG

• Like 3

Actually, I'm going to defer to @Krdshrk - because he has more experience/history with this stuff than me. I think it's a GREAT idea... but I have a vague recollection of hearing it's been somewhat difficult to accomplish at private ranges like Cherry Ridge - because non-members had to be guested in - and that all gets rather complicated...? I could be wrong. Again, I'll let him weigh in.. he call tell us more.

I personally (for purely self-indulgent reasons, LOL) would love to see a NJGF Rifle Shootout (either light or high-powered). :D

I could even see some "roving shootouts" - moving to different ranges in NJ to give different faces an opportunity to attend. I'm spoiled by being a mere 10 min from Clinton WMA, where the Shotgun Shootouts have traditionally been held. But I realize it isn't so nice and close for everyone.

• Like 1

I always enjoy interacting with NJGF member in real life.  I've been to a number of  shooting events, social events, and legislative rallies.  Cherry Ridge would be really easy for me, but I would be open to anywhere else as well. 

• Like 1

The main issue is that most ranges are private ranges, and have their own guest policies.  We could potentially approach some ranges to ask them to allow an event, but that can take a while.

That's why the Shotgun shoots work so well - the WMAs are open to the public all the time as long as someone has a hunting license.

Public Ranges get tied up with walk-ons.  Planned events generally cost a lot of money.

Semi-Private ranges (Range 14) will have tons of other people coming in to shoot at the same time and the groups will get mixed up and confused.

On 6/4/2018 at 2:16 PM, Krdshrk said:

Semi-Private ranges (Range 14) will have tons of other people coming in to shoot at the same time and the groups will get mixed up and confused.

Range-14 is probably the best bet, but it's a haul for many people.  I live in Monmouth, by the shore, and it's almost an hour ride for me.

In spite of that, R-14 is very doable.  We have several members here, including myself.  All we need to do is get there early and claim two or three tables.  If we are first on line, then we can get tables next to each other but we cant just walk from table to table with uncased firearms.  It's not as relaxed as the WMA's are.

Each member is allowed three guests, for a total of four on a lane at one time.  Let's say I get a lane for four hours.  Each +1 can tag in and out, just as long as there are never more than four at a table.  Newly arrived shooters may tag in at any time if there are less than four on the lane..

R-14 has just this year implemented a day pass.  So, instead of signing up as a full member, just one person has to get the pass.  It costs $20 for the pass, and $4/hr per shooter.  So, if a party of four want to shoot for two hours, it's 20/4 + 4*2.  So that'd be $13 for each person in the group.

We can absolutely do a R-14 day, but it will require a bit more planning, firm commitment by attendees and more discipline on the firing line.

• Like 2

Cherry Ridge is out for me. That's nearly a 3 hour drive.

Jackson - Well, I don't own a Glock so shooting might be tough, but it is Jackson, it's Father's Day weekend, and my dad lives in Jackson so I will be in the area.

Range 14 is pretty much the same distance for me. I've been to the ranges there for work but haven't been there for shooting.

Shooters is closer. Never shot there but I know they don't require membership. I understand it's a popular place so I imagine it might be tough for a large group.

Full Metal Jacket has two indoor gun ranges, 25 yards, 10 lanes per range. Never seen both filled at the same time. Wouldn't be surprised if we could score an entire range to ourselves. Probably a good hike for North Jerseyians.

Hopefully I'll have my FID soon since I did my fingerprinting this past weekend and my references sent in their paperwork about two weeks ago.

I plan on going to TTC one day Monday through Wednesday this week. If anyone wants to meet there. I’m a newbie and would love any insight or feedback i can get. I can be there anytime from 2:30 on.

On 6/10/2018 at 0:54 PM, JMich3 said:

I plan on going to TTC one day Monday through Wednesday this week. If anyone wants to meet there. I’m a newbie and would love any insight or feedback i can get. I can be there anytime from 2:30 on.

Wednesday is ladies night. 

• Like 1