Arthur Kill

Experience Purchasing Hi-Cap Magazine in PA

While this doesn't help the op with getting 30rd mags,, I found a way to save money on 15rd mags. My DD V5 came with a 30rd mag restricted to just 10. I bought a 15rd limiter here; http://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/ and swapped it in.  I've found 15/30 mags generally being about $30 here while unrestricted 30s can be less tan $10 online. The blockers are $5. I've wanted to just buy a bunch of mags out of state, get the blockers and swap them while at a friends in Pa so I bring home legal 15rd mags for about $15 bucks each.

do NOT get a privateer postal box place somewhere over the river in PA. and do NOT add the address to your valid list for your CC. then do NOT have items sent to that address. and finally do NOT go there periodically to pick up the stuff you didn't have delivered there.

It's been a while since I stepped foot in Heritage Guild Easton, but they had signs in their mag section saying that they would card people buying mags in excess of 15 rounds.

I don't recall seeing such signs at HG, Easton, and I went there a lot. But, then again, I never bought magazines there.

I do recall having this difficulty at a different shop in PA, but a bit further south (i.e near Delaware). 

While this doesn't help the op with getting 30rd mags,, I found a way to save money on 15rd mags. My DD V5 came with a 30rd mag restricted to just 10. I bought a 15rd limiter here; http://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/ and swapped it in.  I've found 15/30 mags generally being about $30 here while unrestricted 30s can be less tan $10 online. The blockers are $5. I've wanted to just buy a bunch of mags out of state, get the blockers and swap them while at a friends in Pa so I bring home legal 15rd mags for about $15 bucks each.

Not a bad idea but you can get 15/20's 15/30's for about 22 bucks. I'm also not sure if that's considered permanently modified, PK90 might have better info on the logistics since he uses a similar blocking system. Epoxy?

Not a bad idea but you can get 15/20's 15/30's for about 22 bucks. I'm also not sure if that's considered permanently modified, PK90 might have better info on the logistics since he uses a similar blocking system. Epoxy?

I haven't seen them that low but you'd still be making them for $15. The gen2 10/30 pmag that was shipped with my ddm4v5 came apart with some prying. There was no epoxy or roll pin, nothing from the factory to break or "defeat". After the switch I did drill a small hole on either side of the base plate and  tapped in an about 1/4" long piece of roll pin I cut from a full one - because NJ. I just went and checked the 15/30 gen3 pmag I'd bought later and it does not seem to come apart, so ymmv.

I assume you guys are going to boycott Heritage like you do all the online ammo and gun shops that won't ship various stuff to Jersey. Right?

I promise never to give them any of my hard earned cash ever! I can go to Cabela's in Delaware, a 30 minute ride and nobody gets carded for mags!

Wanna trade Governors?  Mine is better since if there was a food shortage, mine could go two terms without eating!

Nope, Abbott is the real deal. He is all about the Second Amendment. Just sucks all the shit you guys have to go through. I don't miss it for sure.

Hey sota. Your right. But i would feel more comfortable my way. Ok. Lets say driving to easton i get into a bad accident and stuff is strewn all around my truck. Im in the ambulance. The cops see that i have a drag bag( thats what i use). And they do their do dilligence of taking control. So now im in a body cast from my accident and when i recoup im facing jail time. So many stupid possibilities that im not comfortable with.

Or if you're ok with it, i can tell them you said it was ok if something of that sorts happened?

I think a car pulled over on the side of the highway, with a guy digging up something looks a little suspect. Just sayin... get a locker at a truck stop, or a bus station.

Golf battery, on 24 Feb 2016 - 01:03 AM, said:

snapback.png

Id be hunting for ginseng. If asked.

Isn't that illegal too? Lol...

Isn't everything illegal in Jersey?

I'm in central PA and if a store here asked for any information on where I was from, or for my ID when buying ANY mag, i.e. 30rd, 100rd beta, AK drum, whatever, I'd be talking to the manager asking him if he understood what a boycott was explaining I could start one up real fast. I was part of the move to shut down the PA Sportsman's Show in Harrisburg a few years ago, which we quickly did, when they banned black rifles from the upcoming show. I've never heard of any store in PA asking for personal info on this subject. Now, maybe a store on the border with NJ, close to the liberal occupied city of Fhilthadelphia .... 

I hear they're using drones now to follow PRNJ plated cars that stop at any sporting store in Pa. Better be careful out there! :sarcastic:

Actually I've been trying to find information on the legality of bringing primers and powder from Canada to the US, and I read online that common practice I to have undercover DHS agents at gunshows in Montana record the plate number of any car with Canadian plates, and when they get to the border just before they cross back to Canada that are flagged down and searched.

(Canada allows it's citizens to bring ammo and components in from the US, but the US doesn't allow Canadians to take it out)

Actually I've been trying to find information on the legality of bringing primers and powder from Canada to the US, and I read online that common practice I to have undercover DHS agents at gunshows in Montana record the plate number of any car with Canadian plates, and when they get to the border just before they cross back to Canada that are flagged down and searched.

(Canada allows it's citizens to bring ammo and components in from the US, but the US doesn't allow Canadians to take it out)

Apparently Pennsylvanis LE do this at firework outlets near the nj border.

Golf battery, on 24 Feb 2016 - 01:03 AM, said:

snapback.png

Isn't that illegal too? Lol...

Isn't everything illegal in Jersey?

I'm in central PA and if a store here asked for any information on where I was from, or for my ID when buying ANY mag, i.e. 30rd, 100rd beta, AK drum, whatever, I'd be talking to the manager asking him if he understood what a boycott was explaining I could start one up real fast. I was part of the move to shut down the PA Sportsman's Show in Harrisburg a few years ago, which we quickly did, when they banned black rifles from the upcoming show. I've never heard of any store in PA asking for personal info on this subject. Now, maybe a store on the border with NJ, close to the liberal occupied city of Fhilthadelphia .... 

DUDE!  A hearty welcome to the Forum and thanks for your steadfast support of everything 2A!  If I can be of any service to you, don't hesitate to ask!

Dave

Actually, I heard NJSP would hang out at the fireworks places off 78 right across the border

I have heard the same thing but I travel this way to PA frequently and have never seen it.  Not that I ever stop for fireworks though...