DanMarvel

Dems trying to introduce new "Assault" Weapons ban

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/15/house-democrats-introduce-bill-ban-manufacture-assault-weapons/

On December 16, Rep. David Cicilline (D-RI) (D-RI-1st) will introduce the “Assault Weapons Ban of 2015″ to ban all manufacturing of “assault weapons.”

Besides banning the manufacturing of AR-15s and related firearms, the ban would put in place “new restrictions on the sale of already existing assault weapons.”

According to The Hill, Cicilline said, “Assault weapons are designed for the sole purpose of killing as many people as quickly as possible. We need to do everything we can to reduce the toll of gun violence by keeping these weapons out of our communities.”

His bill has “90 Democrat co-sponsors including House Minority WHIP Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD) (D-Md.-5th) and Rep. Steve Israel (D-NY) (D-N.Y.-3rd).”

With a total of 91 Democrats pushing the “Assault Weapons Ban of 2015,” it is interesting to note that the New York Times previously reported that the idea of a class of firearms called “assault weapons” is a piece of fiction the Democrats created in the 1990s. In an article titled, “The Assault Weapon Myth,” the NYT explained that Democrats created the phrase “assault weapons” in hopes of stigmatizing an entire category of guns—blaming those guns for rising crime—then banning them.

The Dems know this doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell - they introduce garbage like this so they can point it out to their liberal constituents and say, "See, we tried."

I trust that this bill will have the traction it deserves....  <_< The only question would be, will it affect the market pricing for them?  Important for me, as I'm very close to making my 1st AR acquisition.

This isn't the first AWB this guy proposed this year.

But, hey, don't join the NRA or anything, guys.

The Dems know this doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell - they introduce garbage like this so they can point it out to their liberal constituents and say, "See, we tried."

^ What he said.

The Republicans could run one of those water drinking bird toys against the dems and still win.  Anyone remember the "Boggle Chicken" from King of the Hill.  Boggle Chicken could beat Hillary.

dipping%20bird.gif

Word is that obama is going to announce an executive order to ban "assault weapons".

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Somehow I don't think that executive order will work out so well! Jersey may obey but the free states...............????