DanMarvel

Dems trying to introduce new "Assault" Weapons ban

The scary thing here is this. Put the big picture together

Trade deals

The budget they got the dems to give up the crude export ban. Also allowing a bunch of foreign workers in. Which in trade you get more environmental crap.

The border issues

Muslim terror attacks

Russia testing everyone

Iran nuclear deal

Un environmental plans

What would each party have traded off to get these things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well. we will see what happens as always politics changes everything. As a sidebar a very similar bill has been kicked around in NJ for years.  Nia Gil from Montclair has proposed the same assault weapons type regulation every session. Changing the two feature rule to one.  Got a detachable magazine and a pistol grip, your screwed.  Look for Mini sales to soar once this passes in 2017.

Well. we will see what happens as always politics changes everything. As a sidebar a very similar bill has been kicked around in NJ for years.  Nia Gil from Montclair has proposed the same assault weapons type regulation every session. Changing the two feature rule to one.  Got a detachable magazine and a pistol grip, your screwed.  Look for Mini sales to soar once this passes in 2017.

Or we could buy some of those FUGLY AR stocks New Yorkers use!!

throw in the fact Paul Ryan sold everyone down the river today with his omnibus bill, anythings possible these days.

Omnibus bill-

Paul Ryan Betrays America: $1.1 Trillion, 2,000-Plus Page Omnibus Bill Funds ‘Fundamental Transformation of America’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/16/paul-ryan-betrays-america-1-1-trillion-2000-plus-page-omnibus-bill-funds-fundamental-transformation-america/

Joshua Prince, Esq.'s take on the bill-

he can't legally. eo either needs to take its authority from the constitution, or from a precedent set by congress. that's why i originally asked if the old awb set a precedent

There is plenty of text in the ATF regulatory code he can play around with. Honestly, he could pull off almost anything if he had enough balls (and didn't care about laws or the Constitution, which has has proven.) Nobody could stop him, anyway, except Congress (LOL), the courts (which he has appointed), and Supreme Court (which will say it's Congress' job to keep EOs in check). I have already figured out ways he could use the regs to do pretty much everything on his wishlist, at least under Obamarule World. Yes, I'm sure he has people smarter than me looking at this stuff, but I won't post the examples anyway. And no I won't PM them. I'll leave a Carnac the Magnificent key for later if he goes that far. "rxxxxxx."

There is plenty of text in the ATF regulatory code he can play around with. Honestly, he could pull off almost anything if he had enough balls (and didn't care about laws or the Constitution, which has has proven.) Nobody could stop him, anyway, except Congress (LOL), the courts (which he has appointed), and Supreme Court (which will say it's Congress' job to keep EOs in check). I have already figured out ways he could use the regs to do pretty much everything on his wishlist, at least under Obamarule World. Yes, I'm sure he has people smarter than me looking at this stuff, but I won't post the examples anyway. And no I won't PM them. I'll leave a Carnac the Magnificent key for later if he goes that far. "rxxxxxx."

i don't know the regs....but i don't doubt you're wrong though.  thankfully, although he seems to have been trying harder than any president i can remember, he also seems to be the least successful that i can remember.

BO is laying the groundwork for a post presidency career with Bloomberg (or some other anti-2A group).  BO will go on to make hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions, of dollars in the anti-2A industry.

He's not going anywhere. Provided he leaves office, he will be The Office of the President Emeritus. With presidential seal and everything.

He's hinted as much, and he has a habit of pretending to be thing's he's not.

amd-obama-seal-jpg.jpg

20081219_avail_jobs_%2812_of_16%29.jpg

Not that I want to give POTUS any ideas, but could he order the AG / FBI to stop NICS activities for a period of time say for a cooling off period? Probably calculated to be just long enough to shut down most mom and pop gun stores from lack of revenue.

Isn't that why there is a default-accept after 3-days?

That will never happen in NJ. No FFL would be crazy enough to be on the hook for that one.

Word is that obama is going to announce an executive order to ban "assault weapons".

Sent from an undisclosed location.

That might actually be a good thing for jersey. It would force SCOUS to finally take a 2A case. I'm thinking when SCOUS over turned that EO what ever reason they gave for it being illegal federally could be used here in the peoples republic.... It would at least open the door..... set a precedence to argue?  

That might actually be a good thing for jersey. It would force SCOUS to finally take a 2A case. I'm thinking when SCOUS over turned that EO what ever reason they gave for it being illegal federally could be used here in the peoples republic.... It would at least open the door..... set a precedence to argue?

if they overturned...

I thought the 3 days was only after a hold message was received back. If there is no NICS personnel there would be no response at all. Effectively no FFL could sell a firearm. This would leave only private sales which they would then argue is drastically dangerous and that he will not restart the NICS system until a Universal Background Check bill was on his desk to close the "loop hole".