The brew guy

Middlebrook Firearms?

I really like Middlebrook.  Nice guys, good prices-not a lot of stock, but they can order for you

I want to like HG in Branchburg, but every time I go there I get the sense that they do everything they can to pretend I'm not there. Even when I'm the only customer.

And here I thought I was the only one they ignored. Or only 2 people behind the counter to help a full house.

And here I thought I was the only one they ignored. Or only 2 people behind the counter to help a full house.

I won't shop at their store in branchburg. The people in easton are so much friendlier it's kind of amazing the different personalities the two stores have. They don't have great prices but sometimes you can get a deal (I got a benelli supernova for a good deal) and the range is nice for the most part

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Way better prices.... I mean like staggeringly better

I stopped in last week.  For the pistols I want, they quoted me prices that were roughly $200 higher than what I can get online at Bud's, and $100 higher than a few other local shops.

I stopped in last week. For the pistols I want, they quoted me prices that were roughly $200 higher than what I can get online at Bud's, and $100 higher than a few other local shops.

I haven't been there in a while. Was it a popular gun? I'd assume with the election the prices reflect that. Not my favorite business model but it's up to them.

I find it hard to believe they would charge that huge of a price but anyway the context of my post was comparing their prices to garden state armories anyway which you left off

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

I find it hard to believe they would charge that huge of a price but anyway the context of my post was comparing their prices to garden state armories anyway which you left off

Sorry :) wasn't meaning to challenge/dispute your post, I was more like shocked by how high they quoted for me. :)

I was looking at Springfield XDMs and a Glock 41.

just dealt with Art and team at Middlebrook on a transfer for a gun  I purchased from Bud's.  Great people (Middlebrook) to deal with, very friendly.  And only a few miles from my house.  I definitely recommend them.  Art told me he is in the business for long haul and wants to grow it.  

-Kurt

just dealt with Art and team at Middlebrook on a transfer for a gun I purchased from Bud's. Great people (Middlebrook) to deal with, very friendly. And only a few miles from my house. I definitely recommend them. Art told me he is in the business for long haul and wants to grow it.

-Kurt

What was the transfer fee? I had heard talk of raising it

$64.20 and you think thats reasonable???  Sounds like there's different pricing for walk ins vs. regular customers -- I guess thats common for most dealers

I have friends that are regulars at Middlebrook and I know they don't pay that --  and if they do they certainly don't tell me

NIC check was $15.  Transfer fee was $45.  With tax both came to $64.20, as Sota reported.  There may be cheaper places but Middlebrook is close and they are easy to deal with.  That offsets any difference in price, at least to me.  And if they discount for frequent buyers, well, that is the nature of business.

NIC check was $15.  Transfer fee was $45.  With tax both came to $64.20, as Sota reported.  There may be cheaper places but Middlebrook is close and they are easy to deal with.  That offsets any difference in price, at least to me.  And if they discount for frequent buyers, well, that is the nature of business.

I never said reasonable. The whole damn system is UNreasonable to be frank. It's on par with the rest of the shops in the area, and as I said they're convenient, and my time is worth more than $20 over 3 hours.

Both of you keep using time/location as the reason to pay more --

I live 3 minutes from middlebrook if the traffic lights are in my favor -- if I drive 3 minutes in the opposite direction I'm at a FFL who charges $25/$15 and tax

Now efingers could be 3 minutes in another direction if traffic and lights cooperate -- I think they where something like $90 just for the transfer -- my guess is the only transfers they did where those who found convenience way more important than price

Both of you keep using time/location as the reason to pay more --

I live 3 minutes from middlebrook if the traffic lights are in my favor -- if I drive 3 minutes in the opposite direction I'm at a FFL who charges $25/$15 and tax

Now efingers could be 3 minutes in another direction if traffic and lights cooperate -- I think they where something like $90 just for the transfer -- my guess is the only transfers they did where those who found convenience way more important than price

What ffl does transfers that cheap in this area?

Considering that we don't have that many gun shops in this area. I try to give the locals like Middlebrook as much business as we can. Unfortunately unlike other states, the People's Republic of NJ is just expensive to live and everything costs more. Plus, we don't have gun shops that deal to much in used and other firearms. The closest places for us for used and collectible is Heritage Guild in Easton and Sarco. So, if we keep businesses like Middlebrook going that will encourage others

Thanks for the info.  I am not married to any single store, though good attitude and service go a long way to entice me to frequent a store.  

So far I have found that at a few places (Howell Gun Works, Middlebrook Firearms) and not at others.  YMMF and I have not been to many stores in NJ.  Yet :-)

-Kurt

Cheyenne Gunsmith and Firearms. Manville, NJ (Somerset County) $25 Transfer fee plus $15 NICS