gunforhire

Wow! I am in shock! Thank you Guv'na

Listen up! There is only so much that can be done at the Executive level with a corrupt anti-gun progressive welfare state legislature. So lets take what we can, it is better then what we had, unless we can get some people off their ass to vote and get the state redistricted more balance and not all on the control of the people who choose free shit over freedom! ANT

Listen up! There is only so much that can be done at the Executive level with a corrupt anti-gun progressive welfare state legislature. So lets take what we can, it is better then what we had, unless we can get some people off their ass to vote and get the state redistricted more balance and not all on the control of the people who choose free shit over freedom! ANT

im not disagreeing that there is only so much that can be done at the executive level.  I'm not a lawyer either so I'm not going to start shouting how he can redefine everything either with the stroke of the pen (seems like something obama would do).  But i think we need to see where this goes from here.  if nothing comes out of this but a real 30 day, no additional forms, application process, it's a win.  but lets see if he follows through.  

You're right and what ever he does will be reversed with the next Dem Gov.

am i reading this wrong?  it essentially does nothing

Agreed it seems like nothing...breadcrumbs if we're lucky. Everything is subject to the discretion of the AG...may...may...may.

What does the AG consider a "reasonably necessary" deviation? Sounds very subjective to the whim of an anti 2A AG. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get a 5 minute bathroom break.

What are the consequences of towns not following the newly issued "uniform set of criteria?" Currently towns don't follow the law anyway and there is no punishment for breaking the law (except if WE do). I doubt the AG will give any penalties.

Wow I think we just won Waterloo  :sarcastichand:

This crap just means that someone that is at immediate risk of getting murdered may get their permit a little easier.  Means absolutely nothing for the average citizen in regards to getting a Concealed Carry permit.

This may clean up certain issues with permitting processes if they actually enforce it.  Most likely the cities and towns will take the orderes to court and have them overturned or nullified just like the 30 day permitting process was thrown out with the trash...

Whoopie!!!  we may get to legally stop to piss.  Screw Christie.  I am actually going to campaign against him now.

IT'S NOT BETTER!

Just read the whole report.  The whole report says that:

• NJ's laws have been around for a long time so they're probably okay. 
  • Although Heller v. DC would have struck them down, lower courts later disagreed with Heller so NJ's laws are okay.  (When do lower courts get to reverse the supreme court?)
  • We need to narrowly define "reasonable deviation" to make it more restrictive than it already is.
  • Instead of requiring "specific threats or previous attacks" to get a carry permit, we should only require "serious threats, specific threats or previous attacks".  (Huh?)

This isn't a little better.  Most is EXACTLY the same.  "Justifiable need" gets two new words but works EXACTLY the same, and "reasonable deviation" gets more restrictive.

I'm not thanking the governor!

This is a big bunch of NOTHING!  The governor has a phone and a pen, so why not issue an order telling the AG to redefine Justifiable Need to include general desire for self defense or fear of ISIS.  Change it, if anyone does not like it let them take it to court and in five years something might happen.  If it works for 0bamba then why not for our Gov?  This memo just proves he is a RINO.

This , by their own admission, makes justifiable need even harder to overturn in the future

How someone finds this report to be a positive is spellbinding. It's a load of shit during campaign season, and those outside of NJ will read the headline not understanding the nuances and think "oh look, Christie is helping 2A"

This is a joke. The governor lies and says he can't change things himself via order, but he can change "some " things? How is it he can change a few words around that essentially leaves us with the same restrictions, but he can't change around justifiable need to include self defense, when need itself isn't even defined?

F Christie , and ANJRPC disgusts me with their handshaking and celebration. They just want to preserve their in with The governor. He will be gone in a few short years and wait and see what happens then

I'm applying for a permit. Then when I'm denied I can call him out and let him put his money where his mouth is on gun rights

You have to film yourself doing it. So you can document them not even letting you apply.

Everyone should be filming every single interaction with law enforcement on this issue, or it will always be there word trumping yours. Look how the NJ2AS videos were directly cited in the report. This is the only way we can show the world how it really works here, no matter what decrees Christie casts down. Nothing in this report is going to change the permitting delays whatsoever, you watch. There is no consequence for them failing to do their job just like there wasn't before

Film everything. Apply for carry? Film it. Applying for permits? Film it. If it isn't on tape, it didn't happen

Then we can show bach and Christie what a crock of shit all of this is