NJGunGeek1980

Just Moved FPID Question

So I just moved and i went ahead and did a change of address for my DL. I now have the sticker on the back with the new address. The address on the front is what matches my FPID. I am going in the next couple of days to apply for the new FPID and a couple of Pistol Permits. My question is if anyone knows be it one of the FFL vendors or just another member. I am looking at getting either a 12GA shotgun of some kind or a ruger 10/22 does me having did a change of address with DVM affect by ability to buy a firearm till they issue me the new FPID or is the only thing that matters is that my name match what is on it not the address so much. Also if it does not matter on the NICS for and the NJ SP paperwork when i would get a new long gun do i put the new address or do i put the address that is on my existing FPID. 

make a photo copy of your fid card .this way you will still be able to buy ammo. I do belive they take the old one

AFAIK, it is against the law to copy a government document and present it as such. A dealer may not accept that copy. I wouldn't.

make a photo copy of your fid card .this way you will still be able to buy ammo. I do belive they take the old one

AFAIK, it is against the law to copy a government document and present it as such. A dealer may not accept that copy. I wouldn't.

Yes but you'll be able to buy ammo online with a scanned copy of your FID.