Serious

Ccw approval? Anyone have a database?

Only problem Is then you will have to check have you ever been denied a permit box on your apps for then on right?

its not a issue, there are a bunch of folks in one of the 2a rights group (also members of this forum) who have Applied To Get Denied and it has not effected their ability to get permits or anything since they were denied.

I know someone that has a NJ CCW, that does not have political ties or was a former LEO. HOWEVER, it is not an unrestricted permit. He is the responsible party, where he works, should a burglar alarm go off at his place of employment. He was granted a permit only to respond to that and for on premises. Big deal, huh?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I know someone that has a NJ CCW, that does not have political ties or was a former LEO. HOWEVER, it is not an unrestricted permit. He is the responsible party, where he works, should a burglar alarm go off at his place of employment. He was granted a permit only to respond to that and for on premises. Big deal, huh?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

That is just about pointless

I would think, what is kept on file is the following:

1) Retired LEO applications

2) Security or Armed Car driver jobs applications

There has to be some record of the politically connected, Judge's, people who handle large sums of money, etc. who have permits.

I would think, what is kept on file is the following:

1) Retired LEO applications

2) Security or Armed Car driver jobs applications

There has to be some record of the politically connected, Judge's, people who handle large sums of money, etc. who have permits.

Perhaps not *all* those who handle large sums of money. Recall the gentleman who owned the ATM/Vending business who was denied, and for whom the judge said, "Find another line of work..."  <_<  :facepalm:

The state of affairs regarding CCW has been in existence for so long that the reason the NJSP can say that 90% of applications are approved is because those 90% know in advance that they will get approved. We need those who were denied to push for the suit as they can show that there is nothing in their records that would reasonably disqualify them then that should show bias or unequal treatment under the law. 

The state of affairs regarding CCW has been in existence for so long that the reason the NJSP can say that 90% of applications are approved is because those 90% know in advance that they will get approved. We need those who were denied to push for the suit as they can show that there is nothing in their records that would reasonably disqualify them then that should show bias or unequal treatment under the law.

This was the dc argument

Went to my local NJSP barracks to apply for a CCW last summer.  I am active NJ Air National Guard, qual'd on an M-9 and hold a military CCW.  I walked in after Chattanooga with an official homeland security memo from the HQ NJ National Guard warning of potential home grown extremism against members of the military.  I had a completed application, a letter of need, copies of my military weapon qual, copy of my military CCW, etc... walked in there in uniform and I was literally laughed at.  I was told I'd never get approved.  When I asked the trooper behind the counter why they get to carry off duty, he told me it was to defend themselves from gang members because they're police officers.  I said, OK, when was the last time one of your guys here was attacked by a gang member around here.  He couldn't answer me of course.  I then asked him what the difference between that and the potential for extremism against military members was and he continued with his opinion that I didn't have specific threats against me and no justifiable need.

The only person I ever knew personally was a retired LEO. He showed me the card and I told him he had the holy grail for NJ gun owners. He laughed and said it was all BS anyway because he still had to retreat if at all possible. He said it was not like carrying when he was a police officer where he could stand his ground. Surprisingly he admitted that he hadn't carried in years even though he had the card. The only person that publicly acknowledged that he had one was Anthony from Guns for Hire but he went through years of BS to get it from what I understand. 

Perhaps not *all* those who handle large sums of money. Recall the gentleman who owned the ATM/Vending business who was denied, and for whom the judge said, "Find another line of work..."  <_<  :facepalm:

I had a friend who handled large sums of money on a sales route years ago apply and he was told that he should hire a security company or armored truck service  to meet him to make a pick up. 

I'm pretty sure the figure of 450 or so permits issued does not include retired LEOs.

I think there might be some confusion in re: that "450" figure.  IIRC, that's the number of permits issued "in 2014." Roughly half were issued by the NJSP (which might include some retired LEOs and "non residents"), and the other half via local PD and county judge. So, again, that may have  been 450 permits issued "in 2014," but that isn't necessarily how many permits are "currently active." That number may be a bit larger as not every permit has to be renewed every year, correct?  I believe it's once every two years. So maybe there are 1100-1300 permits "currently active,"  with 450 newly issued or "renewed" each year. 

I'd like to know how many permits are "currently active."

From now on when I get a call/email/mail or in person contact w/ a politician or candidate for any level office in NJ who is "asking for my support" to sign an authorization for the NJSP to confirm or deny if that individual has or had, or ever applied for a CCW here as a condition of my potential support.