AVB-AMG

Gov. Christie's Latest Proposed Plan to Broaden Access for CCW

Today, Dec. 22, 2015, NJ.com has this online article titled:

Christie's concealed carry plan ripped by both sides of gun control debate

It reports that Gov. Chris Christie is taking heat from both Democratic lawmakers and Second Amendment rights activists over the Governor's proposed plan to broaden access to concealed carry permits in New Jersey.  Here is the link to the article:

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/12/dems_gun_activists_blast_christies_concealed_carry.html#incart_river_home

AVB-AMG

Today, Dec. 22, 2015, NJ.com has this online article titled:

Christie's concealed carry plan ripped by both sides of gun control debate

It reports that Gov. Chris Christie is taking heat from both Democratic lawmakers and Second Amendment rights activists over the Governor's proposed plan to broaden access to concealed carry permits in New Jersey.  Here is the link to the article:

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/12/dems_gun_activists_blast_christies_concealed_carry.html#incart_river_home

AVB-AMG

It looks to me like the whole thing was based on a reaction to Carole Bowne.  That is, "what's the minimum we can do to prevent another Carol Bowne, but keep as much of the status quo as we can?"  This was not, "how can we make things easier for all law abiding gun owners?"  Hence, the micro-changes to "justifiable need," and a bit more emphasis on the permitting process, which we'll see if that follows through... :popcorn:

If not for the NRA you would have NO second amendment rights. Besides that ANJRPC is affiliated, but not controlled by NRA. To my knowledge they have never been very aggressive in confronting the abuse of civil rights. It is truly puzzling why they would gush over this lip service, but they did. Still, it's the big-dog NRA that takes the heat and does the heavy lifting and pushes the tide of public policy. 5 million voter members has to be reckoned with.

If you live in or go through areas where a crime (any crime) has been committed, and more than likely will be committed again, that should qualify as "justifiable need".

More importantly, the Constitution implies that "justifiable need" is for the citizens to protect themselves from the govt., hence the Bill of Rights

I look forward to moving out of this POS state and into a free state

Its by far, not enough, but considering the current anti-gun climate in the media and the push by Obama to obliterate the second amendment, I am glad to see a step, albeit small, in the right direction. Now let's pick up the fight from here and take another step!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

So ANJRPC is the NJ arm of the NRA? These are the people praising CC and saying job well done? Unbelievable. Just makes me feel better about NOT contributing to the NRA!!!

+1000