AVB-AMG

Gov. Christie's Latest Proposed Plan to Broaden Access for CCW

Today, Dec. 22, 2015, NJ.com has this online article titled:

Christie's concealed carry plan ripped by both sides of gun control debate

It reports that Gov. Chris Christie is taking heat from both Democratic lawmakers and Second Amendment rights activists over the Governor's proposed plan to broaden access to concealed carry permits in New Jersey.  Here is the link to the article:

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/12/dems_gun_activists_blast_christies_concealed_carry.html#incart_river_home

AVB-AMG

Today, Dec. 22, 2015, NJ.com has this online article titled:

Christie's concealed carry plan ripped by both sides of gun control debate

It reports that Gov. Chris Christie is taking heat from both Democratic lawmakers and Second Amendment rights activists over the Governor's proposed plan to broaden access to concealed carry permits in New Jersey.  Here is the link to the article:

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/12/dems_gun_activists_blast_christies_concealed_carry.html#incart_river_home

AVB-AMG

It looks to me like the whole thing was based on a reaction to Carole Bowne.  That is, "what's the minimum we can do to prevent another Carol Bowne, but keep as much of the status quo as we can?"  This was not, "how can we make things easier for all law abiding gun owners?"  Hence, the micro-changes to "justifiable need," and a bit more emphasis on the permitting process, which we'll see if that follows through... :popcorn:

If not for the NRA you would have NO second amendment rights. Besides that ANJRPC is affiliated, but not controlled by NRA. To my knowledge they have never been very aggressive in confronting the abuse of civil rights. It is truly puzzling why they would gush over this lip service, but they did. Still, it's the big-dog NRA that takes the heat and does the heavy lifting and pushes the tide of public policy. 5 million voter members has to be reckoned with.

If you live in or go through areas where a crime (any crime) has been committed, and more than likely will be committed again, that should qualify as "justifiable need".

More importantly, the Constitution implies that "justifiable need" is for the citizens to protect themselves from the govt., hence the Bill of Rights

I look forward to moving out of this POS state and into a free state

Its by far, not enough, but considering the current anti-gun climate in the media and the push by Obama to obliterate the second amendment, I am glad to see a step, albeit small, in the right direction. Now let's pick up the fight from here and take another step!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

So ANJRPC is the NJ arm of the NRA? These are the people praising CC and saying job well done? Unbelievable. Just makes me feel better about NOT contributing to the NRA!!!

+1000

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By SMOKIE901
      Can anyone who has a FLORIDA Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit explain the details on how it is done to obtain?
    • By ChrisJM981
      Watch for progress on the Rogers & ANJRPC CCW case vs NJ AG, et al. 
      This was listed in another thread, but I thought it will need it's own space to avoid hijacking Rosey's CNJFO thread. 

https://certpool.com/dockets/18-824?fbclid=IwAR2GBSTRnMnR15m914PMdkd7IYl3vrwjPPAXmw-Mt2Pgz1todMU5Gcc17cY

What are your thoughts? I think we're going to Washington!
    • By stuckinNJ
      https://www.nraila.org/articles/20171201/us-house-of-representatives-to-vote-on-hr-38-the-concealed-carry-reciprocity-act-next-week

please take 60 seconds to call your reps, BOTH Republicans and Dems, urging their support. It seriously takes seconds. 
      No excuses
    • By fslater
      Hi Everyone
      I just Read the article in the Political report in Shooting Illustrated about The July ruling By the US Court Of Appeals that found DC's "good reason" to be granted a CCW unconstitutional. Wouldn't the conflicting rulings between the DC Federal Court and the Jersey District Federal court force the SCOUS to a hearing to resolve the conflict? This is old news from back in July I'm just hearing about now. If its already been discussed  please direct me to the thread.
      Thanks
    • By CJ Broz
      Can anyone help me find the stats on how many people in NJ apply for CCLs, and how many of those applications get rejected?  
      I'm having an online argument on a military forum (I'm a retired Marine).  Some guy thinks concealed-carry-restrictive states such as New Jersey and California are not violating the 2nd Amendment since they have a process for getting a permit, my response is it is a de facto ban if the vast majority of permit applicants are denied, but it's hard to make that argument without stats to back it up. 

• Last I read, there was half a million containers floating on the sea around LA waiting to be unloaded.
    • RBT has the ATF crawling up their azz,  And yet they produce a third position Giggle switch.     
    • Selling 306 total lots (215 firearms both live and online). In addition, selling many rounds of ammo, swords, uniforms reloading gear, and NAZI German military and party lots... This is an outstanding auction with handguns, long guns, shot guns and a nice collection of antique and civil war firearms... Auction starts @10AM live in person, and webcast on January 28th 2022 - 79 Old York Rd. Chesterfield, NJ 08515 GO TO: http://proxibid.com/sunriseantiques for live bidding or GO TO: http://sunrise-antiques.hibid.com for absentee bidding.  Both platforms will allow pre-bidding... There will be a live preview at 79 Old York Rd. Chesterfield, NJ on Thursday January 28th from 3-7 PM.   Preview on auction day starts at 9 AM. Checkout will be day of sale.  We will conduct NICS checks on Monday January 31st and Tuesday february 1st from 10AM - 4PM.  All other times are by appointment only.  THIS IS A LIVE, IN PERSON, ONSITE AUCTION.  You can also bid against the live bidders using Proxibid. Live, simulcast online will be available via Proxibid.  Absentee bidding available via Hibid. We accept cash, checks and all credit cards.  6.625% tax if not exempt and 20% buyer's premium. 
    • Bid early, bid often!  I already have a couple bids down!
    • Selling 306 total lots (215 firearms both live and online). In addition, selling many rounds of ammo, swords, uniforms reloading gear, and NAZI German military and party lots... This is an outstanding auction with handguns, long guns, shot guns and a nice collection of antique and civil war firearms... Auction starts @10AM live in person, and webcast on January 28th 2022 - 79 Old York Rd. Chesterfield, NJ 08515 GO TO: http://proxibid.com/sunriseantiques for live bidding or GO TO: http://sunrise-antiques.hibid.com for absentee bidding.  Both platforms will allow pre-bidding... There will be a live preview at 79 Old York Rd. Chesterfield, NJ on Thursday January 28th from 3-7 PM.   Preview on auction day starts at 9 AM. Checkout will be day of sale.  We will conduct NICS checks on Monday January 31st and Tuesday february 1st from 10AM - 4PM.  All other times are by appointment only.  THIS IS A LIVE, IN PERSON, ONSITE AUCTION.  You can also bid against the live bidders using Proxibid. Live, simulcast online will be available via Proxibid.  Absentee bidding available via Hibid. We accept cash, checks and all credit cards.  6.625% tax if not exempt and 20% buyer's premium.