checko

Stag arms in big trouble.

Business is being fined 500 and losing its management. I assume they'll get sold to some gun conglomerate and be absorbed. Oh well play stupid games.....

http://fox61.com/2015/12/22/stag-arms-expected-to-plead-guilty-to-federal-firearms-charges/?utm_source=www.ccdl.us

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There are a few people in the firearms industry who are either bad businessmen, idiots, or outright sleaze bags. I'm not sure exactly were the people running Stag fell in, and really I don't care. It is more of a shame that a bunch of people will be unemployed, but we really should try to make sure that our side doesn't get painted with wide brush by association.

Between stuff like this and Remington's shenanigans this isn't a good month for the firearm industry's image. Consider who you support when you shop. 

Between stuff like this and Remington's shenanigans this isn't a good month for the firearm industry's image. Consider who you support when you shop. 

Did I miss something about Remington?

It's a shame about Stag - they were a great company - good quality product and good CS...

Unless Stag has something somebody wants, look for a fire sale here, sorry to say. I really don't see anyone ponying up any amount of cash for this CT based business.  All I see are left handed ARs and their 'off list' status in CA for recievers that allow those there to build on their reciever.  Other that that not a lot to offer that others don't already have to do.  Time will tell.

There are a few people in the firearms industry who are either bad businessmen, idiots, or outright sleaze bags. I'm not sure exactly were the people running Stag fell in, and really I don't care. It is more of a shame that a bunch of people will be unemployed, but we really should try to make sure that our side doesn't get painted with wide brush by association.

What sheninagans with Remington Vlad....I heard S&Ws problems but not remingtons

First, I don't see freedom group buying anymore companies right now as Cerberus has been looking for a buyer for the whole mess.

Secondly, freedom group has been collapsing brands. For example Para is no more, their handguns are now Remington. I don't see them buying another AR manufacturer when they already have Bushmaster and Remington and DPMS and not collapsing them, although I don't see them buying an AR maker at all with three on the books.

I had always been under the impression that CMT was the part manufacturer, owned by the father, and Stag was the firearm company, owned by the son.

Is it possible that CMT could take over the firearm end of the business?

I see freedom group swallowing themSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know. Freedom group is private equity funded through Cerberus capital and has been in a huge tug of war with investors looking to divest--most notably calsters pit Sandy Hook. It's a long explanation as to the difficulty of the situation but I'm not sure they're in a good position to pull it off.

I don't know. Freedom group is private equity funded through Cerberus capital and has been in a huge tug of war with investors looking to divest--most notably calsters pit Sandy Hook. It's a long explanation as to the difficulty of the situation but I'm not sure they're in a good position to pull it off.

They overleveraged it to the point it is not sellable. The only buyer interested is one of the Cerberus board members who is offering something like 20 cents on the dollar for it. There supposedly have been accusations the group was deliberately mismanaged to create this fire sale situation so said buyer guy could get himself a privately held manufacturing group at a steep discount.

They won't be buying jack.

They overleveraged it to the point it is not sellable. The only buyer interested is one of the Cerberus board members who is offering something like 20 cents on the dollar for it. There supposedly have been accusations the group was deliberately mismanaged to create this fire sale situation so said buyer guy could get himself a privately held manufacturing group at a steep discount.

They won't be buying jack.

'

Yes I was going to explain the potential sale but was to lazy to type on my iPad. The board members would buy for a huge discount, which may be fair market given the bad press and CALSTERs themselves bashing it. It's been seriously devalued but what's the perception of buying out your private equity partners at a huge discount. It would raise a lot of eyebrows and make it tough them on capital raises. Since there are no other legit offers there is really nothing that can be done.

Not being on the inside I don't know what's true and not true with the company management but I'd have a hard time believing it's intentional. Money losing investments don't help when you're courting new capital raise opportunities and it's all part of manager track record.