Sign in to follow this  
Carcano

NJSP NICS Says my SBI number doesn't exist....

Went to pickup a pistol today, NICS is taking forever so dealer says to come back/he will call me...get home and see he's been trying to reach me, call back and he says NJSP NICS told him my SBI number doesn't exist.

I had to scan him my FPID, DL and P2P and should hear back from NICS tomorrow.

How the hell did this happen? I've purchased 60+ firearms and receivers with my FPID since I was issued it about 3 or so years ago...now suddenly my SBI doesn't exist?

Checked and my SBI is correct on my P2P.

Because people are incompetent. I just recently had a mental health record pop up on my record for no Damm good reason,took me a month and a half to get it sorted out. Good luck hope you get your gun tomorrow

Thanks, I would hate to be told next I was never born or my DL (or worse, my passport) is not existent...

Been having bad luck, my pistol came in and the box was torn open/re-sealed, looks like someone tried to open it or some idiot at USPS beat the crap out of the box...luckily no noticeable damage to the pistol....hammer was cocked when he got the box, maybe someone at USPS played around with it who knows...

Looks like I'm good to go:

No.your SBI is all good. On your paperwork from gun place they didn't have your SBI. So when it was entered in system it came up an error. That's why NICS calls to reverify. It happens sometimes, especially w Transfers.

Well, that's a relief!!!!!!

Maybe you don't have to pay taxes anymore either? Did they type it incorrectly into the NICS request page?

Sounds like they mixed my SBI number up with another person, no problem I got my pistol today and everything was fine.

I wish I didn't have to pay taxes anymore,, oh well I can wish...