It's in WV?  Probably a little farther than I want to go, wimp that I am.

Anyone know of any training closer to home?  I've been through everything GFH has to offer multiple times.  I've trained with MDTS, and not only doesn't Chris come to NJ anymore, but we can't even go to NY for the most part, as we can't take handguns and they have so many restrictions on rifles. I've made inquiries at Cobra One Tactical, but their Spartan Group trainers are gone for now, and it doesn't look like they will be back for many months.  RTSP's offerings have been largely disappointing.  

Shooters and Garden State Shooting Center have a few classes, but I haven't found anything beyond basic stuff there.  I've thought about taking a ride up to Sig Sauer Academy, but I'm overwhelmed by their course selection, and need to dig a little deeper.  Anyone been there?

Any other suggestions?

It's in WV? Probably a little farther than I want to go, wimp that I am.

Anyone know of any training closer to home? I've been through everything GFH has to offer multiple times. I've trained with MDTS, and not only doesn't Chris come to NJ anymore, but we can't even go to NY for the most part, as we can't take handguns and they have so many restrictions on rifles. I've made inquiries at Cobra One Tactical, but their Spartan Group trainers are gone for now, and it doesn't look like they will be back for many months. RTSP's offerings have been largely disappointing.

Shooters and Garden State Shooting Center have a few classes, but I haven't found anything beyond basic stuff there. I've thought about taking a ride up to Sig Sauer Academy, but I'm overwhelmed by their course selection, and need to dig a little deeper. Anyone been there?

Any other suggestions?

I feel like a broken record :rofl:

Full disclosure, Pat is a friend.

Pat's classes are worth every penny spent and every mile driven even if all you do is listen to his stories. If you want to take a class with EAG do it soon, he ain't getting any younger. The range in WV is very nice as well. Go go go!

ETA: He is NOT planning on retiring any time soon, but he is 70, so plan your training accordingly.

For more local stuff check out Joe Reidy at Sights and Triggers:

http://www.sightsandtrigger.com/#2838

His classes are run out of Steel City Range in Bethlehem PA. They are a very affordable $150 and the round counts are reasonable.

I have taken 3 of his carbine classes, one handgun class, and I am taking his Fightibg Shotgun Class on 5/7.

The drive to WV was really not an issue and the class made it well worth it. I'm doing my best to find time to make the trip to echo valley or maybe one of his Florida dates. Sights and trigger was excellent as well and I'm gonna try to take his handgun course this year. Wasn't too impressed with MDTS. Can't put my finger on it but I didn't feel like I got much out of it.

If training is something you take seriously, EAG is a phenomenal value.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'd like to take the Blackhat courses in PA.  Once I'm done with my 300 WM build I just may do it.  Looks like a lot of fun.  

Well gents, looks like my words were more prophetic than I knew.

Pat passed away this morning.

We are diminished. We lost a warrior and a great teacher.

Ugh.  That is terrible news.  I'm really regretting putting off taking his classes.  To be honest, I'm quite freaked out by the fact you mentioned his health a week ago and now he has passed.

At the risk of sounding uncouth, do you think EAG Tactical continues after Pat's passing?

I am a little freaked out myself. I meant to call him after I posted but decided to wait until the weekend as things at home were hectic. I am kicking myself now.

I am not sure what the future holds for EAG. I know he had a few strong partners and Assistant Instructors such as John Chapman, Doc Spears and Steve Fischer, among others. They may continue as EAG, or morph into something else. I know he had recently increased the number of types of courses offered and relied heavily on his AIs to do the heavy lifting... We shall see. If I hear, I will advise.

• Like 1

I just attended S&T's Shotgun Operators Course on Saturday at the Steel City Range in Bethlehem, PA. This was my 4th class with Joe Riedy.

Excellent course. As always, Joe delivered a well thought out and well executed class - it was safe, it was fun, and I learned a thing or two. Life is good.

Reasonable cost, reasonable round count, close location, outstanding instruction, reasonable student:instructor ratio. Checks all the boxes I require.

Seriously guys, if you are looking for excellent training in how to actually fight with a a gun (these are not shooting courses) take a class with Sights & Trigger. You will not be disappointed.

I want to take a fighting class badly. I just think I need to take a couple of basic carbine classes first. Ill keep an eye on S&T being that close.

Even his basic class was geared to fighting with a rifle.

I have been shooting and teaching the carbine for years. I got quite a bit from his basic class.

Do it. You will not be disappointed.

Even his basic class was geared to fighting with a rifle.

I have been shooting and teaching the carbine for years. I got quite a bit from his basic class.

Do it. You will not be disappointed.

Sweet. Looking into it now

Added BHT Corp, Designated Marksman Rifle, MCSA, 400 Ellen Chapel Lane, Lewistown, PA, 7/22/16-7/23/16 $400

Courses seem to sell out quick so I would get on it.  If anyone wants to carpool from NNJ and stay at lodge Thurs-Fri, let me know.  Will bring Bourbon and maybe some stogies.

Added BHT Corp, Designated Marksman Rifle, MCSA, 400 Ellen Chapel Lane, Lewistown, PA, 7/22/16-7/23/16 $400

Courses seem to sell out quick so I would get on it. If anyone wants to carpool from NNJ and stay at lodge Thurs-Fri, let me know. Will bring Bourbon and maybe some stogies.

If you go I'd be very interested in the aar.

I haven't been able to find much of an in depth review on the Web

I found this kind of by accident.  I'm Freddy from bhtc.  

Here's an AAR I wrote up from our latest class with videos, pics, and loads of data that will give you an overview of our approach to teaching long range precision rifle shooting.   

I know there are at least five shooters here on this forum who have taken a course with us.  Some of them multiple.  

http://www.bhtcorps.com/?page_id=535

There are other AAR's on our site as well.  

There are some spots left open in that DMR course right now.  We also have a PCC/PDW course open.  

In this business reputation is everything, and I am proud to say ours is top notch.    Ask about us in the open on snipershide.com and you will see for yourself.  We don't just train, we shoot.  A lot.  We also well known in the long range competition community with an unfair share of wins and high finishes, and we also run local and series matches as well. 

I would recommend Black Hat for precision rifle. The lead instructor, Freddy Wissing is a good guy and knows the precision game. He's also a good shot and active competitor.

Im of the belief that you have to shoot at a certain level to teach at a certain level. While you hear stuff like "you dont have to be a great shot to teach"...In my opinion, you also can't teach stuff well that you havent mastered either.

I agree, I just trained with Freddy Wissing, it was awesome. I'm looking forward to future training with him.

I agree, I just trained with Freddy Wissing, it was awesome. I'm looking forward to future training with him.

Hey Sweetpea!  I was at the Sunday class as well.  Had a blast and learned a lot.  Finally took my OBR our past 200y and it was a shit ton of fun.

I emailed Joe about doing a carbine intro with my girlfriend and I'm probably going to take his handgun 1 and carbine 2 classes this year

I will be at his Handgun 2 and Carbine 2 classes in August and September.  He seems like a nice guy (over e-mail) and has great reviews.  I look forward to the classes.

Updated original post for latest information from S&T.  Found Rockwell Tactical in PA.  They seem to be pricey and I don't know anything about them.  Seems to be a lot of outfits popping up...

I took their (Rockwell Tactical) Pistol 251 class (CQB) last August and learned a lot.