Sign in to follow this  
Sig226GuyNJ

Does anyone have a Ransom Rest or Similar

If you do find somebody, I think they need to know what model handguns you're using because the inserts are model specific. I was going to buy one until I read that there was a leaning curve, and a break in period of 25 shots or so to let the handgun "settle" in to the inserts before actually firing the grouping. Seemed to much of a nuisance. If I buy that rest and the inserts, I want it to just go together quickly and consistently without all the fuss. Doesn't really seem worth it.

Best of luck.

Use some sand bags and press the trigger.

I know you want to take you out of the equation but at the end of the day, the gun that you can shoot better is the more accurate gun, because the Ransom rest is not going to be around when you need it, and also probably moves you to open division, and don't think there is a holster for it :)

Use some sand bags and press the trigger.

I know you want to take you out of the equation but at the end of the day, the gun that you can shoot better is the more accurate gun, because the Ransom rest is not going to be around when you need it, and also probably moves you to open division, and don't think there is a holster for it :)

Sand bags probably are the best option under the circumstances.  The Ransom Rest is the gold standard, outside of purpose-built machine rests used at some factories, but they are fussy to get working right, and do need model-specific inserts.   It's worth the effort if doing load development for a high-dollar target gun; otherwise not so much.   

Even off of sandbags, you'll need to practice a bit to get really consistent, and once you've got the technique down, shoot multiple groups before deciding what ammo groups best.

If you do much of this, MTM makes a handy rest for about $20:  http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shooting/shooting-rests-pr.html