njpilot

You Think You Got It Bad In NJ?

Look what they're trying to do in NY.

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/articles/2015/12/21/brooklyn-lawmakers-seek-tightly-restrict-sales-ammo-statewide

"“Limiting the quantity and duration between purchases of ammunition is one step in preventing someone with criminal intent from easily accessing large quantities of ammunition,” Persaud said."

"While the measure is aimed at owners of assault rifles, the language contained in the draft legislation would also affect owners of handguns with much smaller capacities, such as six-shooters."

"Since the measure would cap the amount of ammunition to no more than twice the amount of the capacity of the weapon every 90 days, these gun owners would be limited to buying a dozen bullets every three months."

Jersey is like Texas compared to that shit hole srate of NY

I don't think so. New years day Texas gets open carry, and New Jersey, after being in a committee for months, MAY change the law to let us stop to take a piss on the way to the range as long as our gun is unloaded and locked in the trunk. I think we are a little closer to New York than Texas. 

They arrest you in New York for selling loose cigarettes. (less than a full pack).

But now it's okay to open a box of 50 9mm,s and sell only 16 rounds! That is so stupid I can hardly believe it!

This will not pass! The black market for ammo would make an awful lot of people rich if it did.

I don't think so. New years day Texas gets open carry, and New Jersey, after being in a committee for months, MAY change the law to let us stop to take a piss on the way to the range as long as our gun is unloaded and locked in the trunk. I think we are a little closer to New York than Texas.

It was sarcasm

They arrest KILL you in New York for selling loose cigarettes. (less than a full pack).

But now it's okay to open a box of 50 9mm,s and sell only 16 rounds! That is so stupid I can hardly believe it!

This will not pass! The black market for ammo would make an awful lot of people rich if it did.

Fixed that for you.

I hope it passes. The statehouse will burn to the ground, and assembly members will sway softly in the breeze, hanging by their necks.

No it won't. The days of men standing up for what they believe in are long gone.

Just another frog slowly being boiled to death.

People from NJ come to PA to stock up on cigarettes. I used to see it every week.

And people carry in New York.

I guess from Philadelphia then. There was a big story on it. This one wawa was selling out of ciggs because of it. And us nj people go to delaware

I guess from Philadelphia then. There was a big story on it. This one wawa was selling out of ciggs because of it. And us nj people go to delaware

Maybe Philly has some dumb law (big surprise) making it easier to run over the bridge than drive out of the city.

People in North Jersey go to PA, not DE. DE is cheaper but PA is still a lot cheaper than Jersey.

they want to make it illegal to be able to feed already illegal assault rifles that may be used in an already illegal activity. nice to see lawmakers so hard at work! BTW- your looking at a prequel for NJ. NY cant buy ammo out of state, NJ tried banning out of state online ammo already. NY (tried for 7) 10 rd mag cap, coming our way. Bullit purchase by the peice, we'll see....stock up anyway, prices are at a low for a while.

People from NJ come to PA to stock up on cigarettes. I used to see it every week.

And people carry in New York.

We used to take a lunchtime drive down to DE for cartons when I worked down that way.  PA isn't much cheaper than Jersey.  But DE was a fairly quick shot down 295.

I hope it passes. The statehouse will burn to the ground, and assembly members will sway softly in the breeze, hanging by their necks.

wait wait... lemme close my eyes for a second... yea... I like that... someone pass the lotion...

Aside from rights and common sense, there's an excellent case against this stupid law on the basis of safety alone.

NY does not provide stats on CC permit holders upstate, but it's probably a substantial number. If you're a permit holder you could argue that you need to train at least once per month, and that requires a substantial multiple of the capacity of your carry gun.

Asshole from Brooklyn probably does not even know that many New Yorkers have carry permits.

This law has zero chance of passing in New York. But a version of it does have an excellent chance of being signed into law in January, 2018, in this state. 

They aren't stupid, they know exactly what they are doing and what the end result would be. The stupid people are the ones that fall for their bs.

You're giving them way to much credit, they're idiots that know nothing about guns, gun ownership, target shooting or hunting - all of which would be impacted by this. This restriction on ammo purchases is so severe it's not going to pass and even if it did how would they enforce it? The SAFE act required a background check and  IMMEDIATE reporting of all ammo sales to the NYSP. NY has already given up on those provisions of the SAFE act because they don't have the money to implement those provisions of the law.