xXxplosive

Thoughts On Urban Survival......Read It.

I first read this a few years ago. It was nice to re-read and refer back to it to refresh in my mind what a more likely SHTF scenario would look like, and what would be important to have/know.

Thanks for posting that.

I subscribe to Fernando's channel. He's very thought provoking. 

That said being as far away from cities as possible but still live in a community -- preferably of like-minded individuals -- is the smartest thing you can do to assure your survival -- not only for the extremely unlikely SHTF scenario, but for ordinary shit hitting run-of-the-mill fans.

We've seen this past month that wherever there are lots of people there is an unusually high proportion of assholes. That's true whether you're making a drug deal in a back alley in Irvington at 3 in the morning or walking down 7th Ave. in Manhattan on a Sunday afternoon. The rioting that seems to have become the de facto response to minority disaffection doesn't require a meteor hit, nuclear war, or any other cause. You're much much much more likely to find yourself among a pack of urban savages, getting the shit kicked out of you, than you are ever to face true SHTF or WROL. Preppers who ignore the former for the sake of the latter are playing fantasy games.

That's the day-to-day analysis.

Living in Outer Whitelandia has numerous benefits in a genuine SHTF scenario as well. If everything breaks down the roads will be clogged with abandoned cars. The zombies will have to walk to you, through the path of 1.2 million gun owners who will suddenly awake from their slumber. They'll stay in the cities eating the people around them instead. At least for a while. They'll decimate themselves through tribal wars over turf, food, and drugs. Yes, Bucky, there is a God, or at least Darwin.

You must be pretty far out. I'm in Morris County, and there are plenty of shitbags out here and in Sussex. I'm not sure if the individuals I encounter are just isolated cases or indicative of nearby pockets.

You must be pretty far out. I'm in Morris County, and there are plenty of shitbags out here and in Sussex. I'm not sure if the individuals I encounter are just isolated cases or indicative of nearby pockets.

Just look at the crime stats for my area. 95% low level drug shit and DUIs. Can't remember the last time anyone was mugged in my town. There's a huge difference in the mentalities of junkies and a predators. Just my opinion.