jm1827

P2P turnaround time using Hamilton NJSP?

Does anyone have any recent experiences with P2P turnaround time using the Hamilton NJSP?  I applied for a couple of P2Ps back in December and when I asked how long they told me it is running 2-3 months. Last time I applied it was 6 months.

Just trying to plan accordingly so I can have a gun picked out as soon as the first permit comes available, and of course trying to balance the $$$ with all of the Christmas spending..

Thanks

Don't know about NJSP Hamilton, but NJSP Hope is the pits. If you get a straight answer, maybe six months.  I don't even apply anymore.  Waiting till I move to a "free" state.  They blame Trenton for the hold up which is pure BS.  

I would say the average is 3 months. I used the Bordentown barracks last year and that is what it took for mine to come in. I was told there is a shortage of Troopers at West Trenton doing the background checks. From 5 down to 2 for the whole state.

S.

I use Hope Barracks also.  It has always been between between 2-3 months for my P2P.  I recently had a problem where my request for an extension was lost or ignored.  When I went back I worked with trooper Theil. He got me the extension in less than a week and called me as soon as it was back from Trenton.  

Thanks everyone for the input, I was hoping by using the online background check that it would speed up the process but I guess that is wishful thinking.

Oh well, I will start planning on the permits coming in some time in February!